Doing drugs to find a way to escape?

Imagine this scenario

A young man in his early youth (18-22) who is basically someone who likes to live a private life, is a reserved personality and wants a drama free life is suddenly thrust into the showbiz industry, gets lot of fame, money, attention from girls because of his good looks (with the positive comes the negative - negative press , racism, personal attacks and insults because he belongs to a different race, constantly being used for publicity) starts doing substance abuse to find a way to cope with this, what would you say about him? what advice do you have for him? He also says f**k this life, at times.

What Guys Said 2

• All I know is alcohol and drugs are short term solutions and you will feel worse when you come down so my advice would be find a healthier way of coping.

• i smoked a lot of weed to fill the void of not having a family life.

some pains just dont go away ever.

What Girls Said 1

• Well doing drugs is just burying a problem. He's going to have to sober up and deal/feel with the problem. I also think that most people who are looking to sober up have to almost completely uproot their life and cut away all of their user friends. So they may be looking at a brand new life with a fresh start