What did you think of the new Star Wars movie?

I think it was great I give it 4 stars

• 5 stars it was amazing
  • 4 stars it was great
  • 3 stars it was ok
  • 2 stars didn't really like it
  • 1 star it sucked
  • 0 stars horrible movie

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. They pulled a Jurassic World... and upped the Death Star to a star system killer. Without making the Jurassic World plot point about how consumers want everything bigger and louder.
    2. They offed the single most entertaining character from the original trilogy.
    3. They made said character's son a psychotic mass murderer who kills his own dad. WTF?
    4. so much promise was there with Luke and a new Jedi Order at the end of Return of the Jedi. Then, like those shitty Resident Evil movies that introduced an army of Alice clones... they immediately got rid of both the Alice clones and the Jedi order in 10 minutes in the sequel. So much for "Return of the Jedi." Ha. More like "Possibility of Jedi Returning."
    5. Was this a new movie or just a remake of New Hope? It had the extinct Jedi, it had an attack on the death star, it had a duel with a darth vader and a jedi...

• Very good points, I guess there's only so much you can do but yea it felt like a remake of new hope sorta

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't seen it yet.

• Han Solo gets killed by Kylo Ren. R2D2 comes to life at the end. CP30 has a red arm. Chewbaca gets shot. Rey fucks up Kylo Ren but he is still alive. Rey finds luke after the map is constructed by bb-8 and R2D2 and it ends with Rey trying to give luke the lightsaber on an island but he's not taking it.

• @dartmaul15 I have viewed all that came before this one.

• @douride2 then you've seen the new film too. Just different names, and an upscaled death-star.
      Also, more hollywood-esque

What Guys Said 18

• I also think it's a great movie, 5 Stars...
    Rey is probably going to become a fantastic female Jedi ;)

images-cdn.moviepilot.com/.../...is-fan-625068.jpg

• Technically the quality was stunning. 6/6

The story was a rehash of episode 4, so lots of points off for that. 3/6

lore wise it was a clusterfuck. Defeating a trained sith (wh before that whiped out a jedi shool, and was trained by luke) without any force or lightsaber training? Breaking a trained sith's grasp over the force on the first try? None of that should be possible! Even LUKE and ANAKIN needed lots of training to master that (and even then, luke failed to kill the emperor. Darth did it)! 1/6

Also, anyone noticed her moves during the final fight? if that's not anger and hatred, then i don't know. An untrained force user and jedi would pretty mcuh fall to the dark side like a rock sinks after that. But hey, she's the protagonist, she can't turn bad, because that would ruin the plot.

Overal judgement? Excelent quality, decent story (a fan will easily see the flaws), but lore wise it fais hard and falls victim of the "invincible protagonist" problem letting said people do ANYTHING. So as a star wars movie i'd say it failed HARD to followw up a lot of the established lore.

• Good to know that there's another true fan out there amongst the sea of fanbois.

• About that... The new death planet might be 5x bigger than the first deathstar, but it's not that much bigger (if at all) than the second death star.

http://i.imgur.com/GT1v8nd.png

• @tarvold still stated to be twize the size of the second one. And frankly, it just seems to be one giant penis enlarger for the First Order XD

• I'm conflicted, cause it was amazing, but at the same time the whole time I was sitting there I kept thinking "now c'mon, that is way too much like what happened in A New Hope". Overall, fanboy in me is somewhat sated, except I wanna go see it again, lol.

• It was good but the story wasn't on the same caliber as the other movies and there were some things that did not make sense in it, from a lore point of view. This movie was really laying the groundwork for the next one, as the story itself and the character development was not that great in my opinion, the next movie is were things will take off a bit more.

• It's like being in love with someone.

While you're still caught up in the moment, it can do no wrong, but once you see it's flaws, you can't see it the same way ever again.

If you like it, great. Leave it at that and never watch this movie again. If you pick up on how terrible it's flaws are, the whole saga will be tarnished forever.

• What are it's flaws?

I noticed a few when I first watched it, but it was little things. That's why I overlooked them when they didn't take me out of the experience

• Yea, the Chewbacca one makes sense. Kind of fucked up actually lol.

But honestly, choice of actor for Ben solo doesn't mean much. What's to say he doesn't take after his grand father? Anyone in the family line is a factor. I didn't hear British accent per se. I think that was just the actors choice for "deranged, lost, evil voice".

As for beating the Sith in her first fight ever. He basically didn't want to kill her. He gave her opportunity to live and got close enough to offer her training, with the obvious pure talent she had. Was only when she, I guess "summoned" the force that she got him off guard and hit him with a few devastating blows. Plus, this was all after he'd been shot by Chewbacca who happened to be using the crossbow that all movie long had been praised as a very powerful weapon. That thing knocked people across the room and he took it to the hip/gut region. I'd imagine that weakens him.

• And supposedly Rey's lineage is Luke's daughter and her mother is a Sith woman who also new the ways of the force. Her connection with the force is still unknown. Maybe hers was even more powerful than Vador. Doubt it, but my point was she has 2 force parents, while han solo didn't have any power so Ben got his solely from Leia.

• Haven't seen yet. I wouldn't hope it to be better than Empire strikes back, but I have heard positive feedback from those who seen it.

• I dunno ill tell you on Christmas day...

• 4 stars, loved it. Good stand alone movie and I'm excited to watch episode 8

• I would give it 5 stars but Han Solo died, and I didn't like that. What's? Chewy going to do without him? In the next movie, Chewy will be a depressed alcoholic :(

• Omg spoiler think of the people who haven't seen the movie yet -.-

• @Phoenix98 Oh yeah, sorry I didn't think. How do I delete my comment? That will prob be best.

• Lol you can't delete it you'd have to ask a moderator to delete or hide it.

• I haven't seen it yet.

• It sucked, copy paste of original trilogy with barely any development of new characters.

• Never watched it, and really don't plan to.

• I give it 3.5 stars. Amazing movie.

• Fuck Kylo Ren, I'll miss you buddy

• I don't like star wars so I'll give it 4.5/5

• 4, because there was a big tragic scene in the movie, not gonna say because it would spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, and Luke did not get enough screen time

• it sucks now downvote me

• It was incredible. I didn't like some of the character developments but overall it was well done. Even though he basically recycled the plot from Episode IV he did it in a way that was really interesting and not boring at all, although it was a bit predictable.

What Girls Said 1

• I never saw it!