Do you think it was a misake letting 13 year olds on this website?

im not hating on 13 year olds, i think it was good to let them on this website, let them ask questions they were afraid/shy to ask in person

Most Helpful Guy

• well the thing is they will join if they really want to whether the site "let's" them or not. So i think it's better to encourage they join and be honest about their age so at least the site can monitor usage better.

as opposed to 13 year-olds joining and lying saying they are much older and then not being able to monitor postings, participation, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whether or not its a mistake, theyll come. I think its good for them to get involved, but i cringe at the amount theyre exposed to.

What Guys Said 6

• I have no objection but older users should be aware when they are talking to an under 18 that they have a responsibility to tailor their response while still respecting the young user.

• Well if you increase the age limit to 16, they'll all just claim to be 16. I don't see how that would help us.

• Tell me how you'd prevent them from getting on this site.

• I think the mistake isn't their age it's some people caring they're here asking some of the questions and giving some of the answers they do.

• Nah, I don't believe in shielding young people. I remember being 13 and wish I had a resource such as this

• People under 18 are gonna say no and people over 18 r gonna say yes. Uh oh.

What Girls Said 3

• No... I think it's a mistake for them to advertise themselves as 25-year olds... o. O
    And try to mess up people's lives based on no experience and all guessing.

• I think it's a good thing. When I was 13 I had questions too, so having a place for them to ask things they can't ask people they know is a good

• Nope I think as long as you're mature enough mentally for the adult content that's on here then you should be allowed :) (under 13 might be a stretch though)