Is sheldon cooper's character supposed to be gay?

Not Jim Parsons but his character

He does not seem to be interested in women I have never seen him try to pursue them and even if he likes a girl he seems oblivious when a girl likes him back

It's funny how when I ask if he's gay it's so offensive, but if I asked if he is straight it would not be a problem

Fucked up double standards
Antagonistic opinions that cause only negativity will be reported and blocked without question. I already gave mho

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, because he dosent approach guys either, I think he's just very detached from people, and dosent really understand intimacy

What Guys Said 13

• His character is consitent with someone who hass Asperger syndrome, OCD (obsessive-complsive disorder) and Asexuality.

Asexuality is someone who lacks sexual desire.

So no, he is not gay. This was a pretty stupid question to be honest. But your picture is super hot so I will allow it.

• How is this a stupid question? I'm interested in the character
      Fuck off

• @TheOldMan59 Lmao Thank You

• We are talking about the character, not the person.

• I think that his character is so caught up in his work and so socially awkward, that he just does not pursue women. But, I do not think his character on The Big Bang Theory is supposed to be gay. I remember there was one episode where he and Penny did some experiment to see if they were in love... or something.

• I knew the guy was gay the first time I laid eyes on him. So much for his acting chops.

• Some dumbass told me you deactivated your account. Glad to hear from you

• Thanks! I'm glad to be heard from!!! ; - )

• You know I've been thinking the same thing ever since I first saw him. He shows no interest in girls in every show he appears on, doesn't even give off a vibe

• I think more asexual.

• If Sheldon were to pursue a sexual or romantic relationship with a man, that and only that would make him gay.

Disinterest in women is not an indicator by itself.

• No I think he's supposed to be just a geeky nerd who would pick a computer over women, but the actor himself is gay.

• I always know that Jim Parsons is gay
      I did not ask if Jim Parsons is gay

• Jim Parsons has a certain "flair" that he brings to the character.
    Sheldon himself is reserved.
    I assumed he was straight since he was in a relationship with a woman, loved her and was willing to propose and reproduce with her.

• Well I did not watch every season of big bang theory I stopped watching it after he got a girlfriend

• You did the right thing. The whole girlfriend thing was just a sop to the femaie audience.

• He displays symptoms of aspergers and asexuality - aspergers suffer have problems in social situations, asexual people feel no need to procreate

• I neve said he was asexual

• I know you didn't i'm stating thats what characteristics he has shown

• No, because now he does have a girlfriend and has made out with her and had sex with her, he's not gay, he just appears to have a very very low sex drive

• He just got laid on Thursday!

• Thanks for spoiling it

• Spoiler alert!!!
    He has sex with his girlfriend in the most recent episode.

• I don't trust spoiler alerts, I have received too many false spoiler alerts about movies

• I'm still watching season 2

• What is the point of telling me the spoiler alert and telling me the spoiler right by it

• Sheldon Cooper is an asexual nerd who chooses technology and his work over women. Jim Parsons is gay

• I know that Jim Parsons is gay I was talking about his character

• No Sheldon is not gay.

• Look at the answers
      I already know that

What Girls Said 10

• No he's supposed to have aspergers. And probably be asexual.
    Funny that if a guy isn't constantly chasing girls it's safe to assume he's gay? (Even though he doesn't chase guys either)

• It was a question no need to get offended

• Again, you're the only one making it a big deal. I put that last sentence in my original comment as more of a 'thinking-out-loud' statement. That people in general assume anyone who isn't chasing ANYONE assumes they must be gay even though they don't chase their own gender either.

• I don't think it's a big deal I'm simply interested in the character. I think the show is great with him and I simply asked a question. I already awarded mho anyways so anything you say from this point on is irrelevant unless it actually adds to the subject

• He is not supposed to be gay but being gay he is good at acting disinterested in woman which is a major part of his character.

• Lol, which season are you on?
    SHELDON JUST HAD SEX 😄 with a girl.

• I'm on season 2 I'm not really sure what the big deal is its just a question. Not everyone has seen all the seasons. I knew he had a girlfriend but I obviously stopped watching the show

• Never said it's a big deal.

• Thanks for the spoilers

• You must not have seen the entire show. He has a girlfriend and even kisses her. He does have little interest in women in most of the seasons but he have grown more into it.

• I watched the show before. I know that he has a girlfriend. But I stopped watching the show because I lost interest. It's getting really annoying having to explain a simple question

• No, he's not gay. He does get involved with a girl, afterall. However, his character is asexual.

• He gets a girlfriend, they just go very very very x10000 slowly forward to the next steps

• I know he has a girlfriend

• No he'a not. The actor is though. He's just socially inept..

• Yea I know that Jim is gay

• I don't think he is gay. Like aoifeisloveable said, he's just detached. Even tough recently, (Spolier Alert: he did have sex with the girl with glasses he is currently seeing, and he did seem to enjoy it.)

• Nah, i recognize a fellow asexual when i see one.

• He's never pursued a guy either so he could just be asexual.