Why do people get star struck when they meet or see a celebrity?

Most Helpful Guy

• I really don't get it. I guess I've known enough of them (mostly pro athletes) to know that they're just regular people. I was a little starstruck when I met Zack Morris when I was 13 at an autograph signing, but I literally modeled myself after him when I was in middle school, so that was big for me, haha. But as an adult, it's not difficult. I try to put myself in their shoes, I wouldn't want to talk to someone falling all over me, just shake my hand and say what's up. Maybe briefly say you enjoy their acting or watching them play, but then I'd be in a hurry to talk to them like a normal person. I have a few friends who play or played in the NFL, and one is a superstar, but they're just the idiots I used to smoke blunts with in college, haha. I've hung out with them with other teammates that I didn't know, and honestly, some were just kind of annoying, like any random person could be, and others were cool. No need to get all tongue tied with them, haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm probably one of the few people that have little to no reaction when I meet a celebrity. They are normal people to me with tons of money. They're not Gods or anything.

What Guys Said 11

• No idea. As a journalist, I've interviewed quite a few over the years and I've never understood the fascination. I still remember interviewing Kelly Clarkson the year after she won the first American Idol and I think everyone I knew was more excited about it than I was. I barely knew who she was. LOL

• It happens. I worked at the playboy mansion during the whole month of October.. I saw Leonardo DiCaprio.. Larry David.. Russell Brand.. Chuck Lidell A bunch of playboy bunnies. It did hit me like woah at first. It;s because you see them on TV for so long and it's so much different in person. You get used to it though. If you don't believe me... here's some proof.
    s4.postimg.org/.../...c_424f_82ca_0205782552f4.jpg

• Is it because it is really hard to meet or see them in real life or just seeing them in the flesh?

• Like I said it just whah because you are used to seeing them on TV. You hear their voice and you kind are just stunned for a quick second. You get over it pretty quickly though.

• I am not sure - I am the opposite I think they know me and I might smile at them as if I was greeting a neighbour even though I have never seen them in real life before.

• I used to at first, but you realize they are just people. Plus I got older and I'm now taller and bigger than lots of celebs, so that helps. Except meeting NBA players lol

• I feel it's like this: You live in the real world. Celebrities are from a make-believe, imaginary world that you only see on screen. When you see the celebrity in the real world, it's like you're seeing someone/something that you're brain considered to be fake or imaginary, so it's a bit of a shock to see them/it in the flesh, no longer making them seem fake. That's the way it is for me I think. Make sense?

• BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE WERE ON TV AND R HONORED BY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WORLDWIDE AND PRODUCE AWESOME WORK AND OMG OMG OMG I WANNA MEET LEONARDO DICAPRIO

• I've seen David Beckham, Chef Ramsey, and Elijah Wood. I talked and chatted them up like they were normal people.

• i dont get it either, couldnt care less^^ they are just humans

• I don't just HOT women struck

• I don't get it neither

• Because we are taught that our lives are less than, movies stars, actors, famous athletes, judges, politicians and police. We have a lower value and that is instilled in society in the western world.

What Girls Said 2

• Because they're a celebrity!!! 😍

• Lol strangers creep me out, so I'd be more scared than star struck if I saw my fav celeb lol