What do you think of the new Ghostbusters films being all women?

I personally think it's a great idea. I saw Spy recently and Melissa Mccarthy is a great comedy actress. I'm bored of action films being so generic and always having a male lead.

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh, I don't really care. I guess it's good that there's going to be a comedy-action-y type movie where the main characters are women rather than men. It's definitely interesting and it's pleasing that women are getting to be the heroes rather than the sidekick, with no men there to run in and save the precious damsel, y'know? But I don't like the actresses chosen, so I don't have too big an interest in the film.

• Aww, I quite like them, or at least I've grown to like them.

• Yeah, I can see why. It might just be that I haven't really seen enough of them each, just in various things that I've probably not been too interested in starting anyway. I think I'll still go watch the film just because I love Ghost Busters and if the film fails because people don't go see it, we all know that it'll be blamed on the women and then films with women will be a little less likely to be made again.

• Yes, I think that's how I see it too. I want to encourage this trend becase I like it. I'm sick of male leads. I saw a Dutch film (yeah it's subtitled) called Black Book with a woman lead and it was an incredible film and I really think the fact it was a woman lead in a sort of action role that made it more special for me. We've had years of shitty male action stars, time to try something different.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have no problem with that - As long as the humour is still good.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 8

• It won't be as good as the original.

• Ghostbusters was a great movie. The sequel was far from that, and I tend to think that any spin-off - men or woman cast - still will pale in comparison to the original.

• Don't really care

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I don't care if it's women, it's just that remakes of mega-hit classics are kinda lame in my opinion.

• I don't really like changing established IP just to have a chick or a minority in there, but honestly, I don't really care.
    GB went downhill right after the first one, and this one won't be funny either.

• Could be great. Let's see. Usually, remakes suck.

• It's not for my generation to decide.

• I think it's for anyone to decide, who has an opinion, which is why I'm asking.

• Considering my generation grew up with these guys imgick.oregonlive.com/.../...-b61dc3931b3edec8.jpg
      This new class can never replace them. Anything I could say would not be positive.

• They don't really have to though. I don't get the offence, I mean people don't need to see it. I'm just not po-faced in that way.

Maybe ghostbusters means more to you though? To me, it was just a great family film that I have some nostalgic memories of, kind of like Indiana Jones.

I actually think it's better they're trying something different. I think a cast of young guys would have annoyed me more, I think it would seem trite and stale. I'll defintely see it.

• Does it even matter? It's Ghostbusters.

• Well there was a backlash against it apparently, which is kind of what I was responding to. If you read the extra though, I think you'll find I'm all for it ;)

Also, ghostbusters was a great film, so yeah it matters to me.

• Awful music, tries to butt in into any movie she can. Don't really like her.

• I like metal so I'm not a fan, but I sort of respect her. Also, she has a couple of good songs. I liked her "Army of Me" with the weird thrash metal part near the end! She's defintely an eccentric genius, even if I'm not really a fan of her music, I can find something to admire in her.