Girls, what do you think of writing as a hobby?

Well, normally on my dates I mention writing as its something I'm quite passionate about.

However, the reception hasn't been to great, especially my last two dates.

It was interpreted as if... like I don't know how to have fun, or am a boring person?

I mean, I enjoy other hobbies like hiking - but my main fix is writing.

When you hear that, is it a turn off in any way - or are hobbies just hobbies?

I'm working on a lengthy novel.

most of my works are short storys / novels.

oops, and I typo'd up there. too*
week later bump :o
two week later bump ;p

11

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a great hobby, but also personally it depends on what kind of things you write and your writing skills. Bonus points if you write poems. :P If you write stories, depends on the genre as well. And.. maybe I'm being picky here (but I'm into reading and writing) some people say they write as a hobby but their writing isn't particularly good. It's attractive if you can write artistically. If you have a wide vocabulary, can create good metaphors, if your words flow... so to me, it's one thing to tell me you write as a hobby, but your actual writing is a completely other thing. :) The other thing I like about it, is that often writing can reveal a person's most inner thoughts and feelings, insecurities, etc. and even subconscious thoughts, especially through poems, which is interesting.

What Girls Said 10

• I love it , it makes me express what I'm thinking and what I come out with as I go along. But I also enjoy other things too like outdoor activities and for me it's not a turnoff. Hobbies don't define who someone is. I ️see it more as a small part of the other person and their interests.

• I think it's interesting for a guy to be passionate about writing. It's kinda romantic if you think about it. I dated a guy and he wrote his own novels and they were amazing. He was a pretty great guy too. I think it's a turn on.

• What kind of writing do you do?

Poetry.. novels?

• I think it cool!

• It's my favorite hobby.

• I loooove writing. Whenever I've mentioned it as an interest it's always had a pretty good / interested reaction and ask if I'd let them read something I wrote.

Never met anyone on a date that's the same tbh.

• I would love that, writing is also a hobby of mine.

• Turn on. I write too.

• Its definitely a hobby, I like to write too. For me its definitely not a turn off.

• A hobby is hobby. If you enjoy it and it makes you happy, don't give it up. Don't throw it away just for a girl