Am I the only one who finds it funny how most famous people sing songs about love and marriage while many of them have mad multiple divorces/break up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most artist don't even write their shit themselves and neither the lyrics. They just sing what sells and are a puppet at the front who gets pushed, famous and when he/she becomes boring - gets dropped.

• Actually calling them artists is an insult to all actual artists.

• That is so true. xD

• Yes, they are entertainers, not really artists/creators.

Katy Perry is a wonderful entertainer, but she would never be confused with an artist/creative.

Most Helpful Girl

• they do it cause it sells and they are addicted to the intoxication of romance rather than with the love and commitment of a life partner.

What Guys Said 7

• There is a certain irony to it alright

• Multiple divorces does not mean that celebrities do not feel love. Some of the marriages and divorces are obvious publicity shenanigans, but many of them have experienced more pain and may have a deeper appreciation for love. It seems a bit arrogant to judge them in such a condescending manner.

• It's what sells, but yeah for sure

• Why can't they sing something about friendship or something? The only famous people who I think have room to sing about romance are the ones who haven't had a divorce yet.

• It's the easiest to compose. I should know since I do have a hobby of composing some of them corny love songs

• >o > Corny ass... Jk JK xD

• They need inspiration for new material. I mean if Taylor Swift got married she'd have to retire. <- Hmm I might just gon head and take one for the team

• Nothing wrong with singing about your dreams! ;-)

• Love and marriage
    Love and marriage
    Go together like a horse and carriage

• I don't find it funny or even notice...

What Girls Said 3

• yeah it's quite ironic isn't it?

• Mhm it really is. There's only a select few celebs who I think have the right to sing about love since they haven't divorced yet/at all.

• That's interesting, I never thought about it. But you're right, it's funny.
    They're "talking" about something that it's not real for them.

• There are sad love songs too

• But it's nothing unique.

• Lol This is the reason why I started listening to foreign songs too. xD