What does Jimmy Eat World's song 'Work' mean, in your opinion?

Surely some people on here must have heard of them...

Most Helpful Guy

• Great song, Futures, Bleed American and Clarity are awesome albums but I haven't heard anything else from this band.

I never gave much thought on the song but there's a part it sounds like they are on a bar, or a disco place and the guys is asking the girl for a chance and then see what happens from there.

Most Helpful Girl

• 'Work' is about doing something you know you shouldn't be doing... It's about walking into an unhealthy situation, on purpose. Which could mean it's about an interoffice romance

• So, could it be about about a relationship or more say about maybe having sex with someone?

• Honestly listening to the song. It's about having sex with someone. But that's the beauty of music it means something different to anyone. What I said was the artist meaning of the song. There are songs that I love and relate to good things in life to watch the music video or hear what the artist was thinking to find out it has the opposite meaning to what I think.

• Yeah, it definitely does sound like its about sex. Personally I can't figure if it's like one night stand sex or about sex with a girl he really cares for.

What Guys Said 1

• I've heard the song a few times... still hard to really understand the meaning. From the music video with the lyrics.. it seems to be about growing up, expanding your horizons while you can?

What Girls Said 0