How to become a popstar?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a DJ and music producer. I talk regularly about this subject. I have also met so many singers that want to be come a popstar. The number one thing they fail on is never start doing it.

Also people hand out lots of advise that don't know the business or don't understand how the business is done now. Record sales are very low so many record labels don't invest any more money in new artist. Actually, most of the record labels have gone bankrupt.

What I advise is to make yourself but align yourself with like minded people. Start making your own music, start creating your youtube channel, website, facebook page, etc to start your career. Make sure you become so popular that you don't need a label. That is the point when labels want you because they want the money that you make.

A problem is also that being a popstar seem "too big" for people. So if you have that dream people will try to talk you out of it. Don't let them. I never thought I'd make money with this but now I do this full time. If I had listed to other people I would not have.

Dedicate your life to it. When your friends are partying you are training. When they are sleeping, you are training. When they are with their boyfriends, you are training. Get the point?

Some things:
    * Start making your own music
    * Invest in your own recording equipment so that you rely on other people. With recording software like Logic, Cubase, Studio One, Ableton you can make great sounding music at home. Accompanied with a good sound card (Focusrite Scarlett 6i6) and a good mic (Rode NT1), good speakers (KRK Rokit R6) you can make professional sounding music at home and it is not nearly as expensive as you think.
    * Hang out in places where people in the business hang out. Nghtclubs for example.
    * Work on a fan base from the start.
    * Get some good pictures of yourself
    * Think of way how you can make money from music witouth a Record label. Performances (or create performances), get you music on Itunes, merchandise, youtube, etc
    * Study other popstars what they did before they were famous.

Good luck.

• Forgot something. There is a lot of people in the music business that hardly do anything and that are only in the business to meet girls, etc. Most of the female singers I have worked with have dealt with so called music producers that just tried to get them in bed. So If you go to auditions and things like that take someone with you. The serious people won't mind if you do but the scumbags will.

• Writing lyrics is good. But I am sure you can compose as well. Just try it.
      Record sales are very low nowadays. Think about it, when was the last time you saw someone buy a song. So artist don't make much money from sales. At least far less than you think.
      But publishing is very interesting. That is a source of income for people that write or compose songs. Those who don't write miss out completely on this.

What Guys Said 7

• Start working hard to have your music out there and get lucky. That's the perfect combination.

• Look and sing like one

• If you have no idea how to compose a song or use basic recording software, then it's probably not a career for you.

• Become an insufferable twit.

• Maybe try the Voice or X-factor, they always get the pop star out of you.

• Give yourself to the executers

• Have talent...

Haha!! Only joking. Blow the right people, cultivate a contrived image, use autotune for everything else.

What Girls Said 2

• To become a popstar takes a lot work and luck too. Start by making Youtube videos with you singing, join a music class, and then participate on a singing reality tv show.

• Good luck with that.