What's the highest rated game of all time?

1 hint this was put in a book of world records for this.
Here is another hint. This game is the reason for having in game saving.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it Legend of Zelda? The original one from 1998? It received a 10/10 from IGN, and a 5/5 from Lukie games. I had it on my original N64 when I was little.

What Guys Said 22

• www.metacritic.com/.../filtered?sort=desc

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) with a metascore of 99%

but note the metacritic is not an average value or 100% objective

• that second hint is more confusing than helping lol. so we are talking about an old retro game from the late 70s or early 80s? In that case no fucking clue and it makes the title pretty much worthless lol

• Nope the title isn't worthless since thanks to that 1 game. It's the reason games are the way they are today. It set the stage for any games that come out to this day. If this game didn't come out then video gaming would be extremely different.

• Hard to say because standards have changed drastically over the years. And if nostalgia plays a role, you'll get all sorts of different responses. ;)

• is it as obvious as world of warcraft?

• Has to be on the old Gen. But the new gen is much better. Since last year was such a good year for gaming. I'd say GTA IV and V are probably the best rated games of this generation. But then again almost all the GTA games stand out.

• Officially, I 'dunno.
    But it's hard to find anything to dislike about "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time". (A classic Nintendo64 game recently remade for the 3DS) That'll always be my #1!

• final fantasy 7

• Halo 2 or 3 would be for the Xbox 360. I still remember how monumental the release was back in 2007, hard to believe it was almost a decade ago. Truly one of the defining pop-culture moments of the 2000s.

• It's not the highest rated all the time, but Conker's Bad Fur Day is an amazing game.

• It'd have to be "GO" since it's been around the longest.

• Probably mario something.

• you know i find your question kind of confiusing. "highest rating of all time" isn´t really a cathegory guinness could validate. only hard facts like copy sells could be validated. if i go by "most copies sold cross plattform" it´s by far tetris.

• I can't make the question to obvious other wise people would be able to answer it easily. :D

• MEINKRAFT

• Super Mario 64 ?
    Some strategy pc game?

• It's Call of Duty isn't it?

• It should be banjo kazooie but it's not lol

• Ocarina of time I think got a 99%

• According to GameSpot these are the games that have received a perfect 10/10.
    1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    2. Journey (PS4)
    3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    4. Bayonetta 2
    5. Soul Calibur (Dreamcast)
    6. Super Mario Galaxy 2
    7. Chrono Cross
    8. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

• awww hell fucken no on the chrono cross. There is no fucken way that is right. Since Chrono trigger is on a much higher lvl than that one.

Though I bet all of the top 5 that were voted. That was done by Americans.

• It's impossible to know what game you're thinking of because each source will have a different game and criteria for rating.

So the best rated game of all time is the one that doesn't need a rating.

• I've never played chrono trigger myself. Though I keep hearing huge things about it. It's like Ocarina of time lvl of famous. Not sure if it's more but I do know it made a huge impact on people.

• The Legend of Zelda

• You mean like age restriction? Or game rating? I think there are a few tens out there so its hard to say probably one of the GTA games.

• well, The Last of Us has won the most awards of any game of all time so..

• That just means that it was the best of the year by a wider margin. Doesn't mean it was the highest rated of all time though.

• Legend of Zelda

• These days its reasonable for a game to make someone cry

• The person who created The legend of zelda. Came up with the idea from his childhood. How he would explore around his home as a boy in Kyoto. So this series for him is very personal.

• If i get this right you have to date me xD,
    Pokemon

• "Hiding the Sausage"?

What Girls Said 4