Why do people compare Harry Potter to Twilight?

I've never understood that. There's not much similar about them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can only assume it's because both are popular series and that negates the need to analyze them further in order to draw comparisons. It's like comparing Star Wars to the Hunger Games - pointless. Two entirely different concepts that don't merit a comparison.

Most Helpful Girl

• People just compare fantasy book to film adaptations to each other, especially between very popular series. Even The Lord of the Rings series and The Hunger Games gets tossed into this.

What Guys Said 11

• images4.fanpop.com/.../...ght-23460875-500-295.jpg

I don't have the slightest idea.

• Really they do? I have no idea, I don't know but could because I think the Twilight actor had acted in one of the Harry Potter movies, I think it's the "Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire", so they might be comparing their performances or something? However doesn't makes sense to me also.

Harry potter movies have nothing to do with twilight movies.

• People do this? It's like comparing Star Trek to Lord of the Rings.

• They both have obsessed and somewhat creepy fanbases who write erotic fanfictions about their favourite characters knocking boots?

• Maybe.. Because the two movies are still under the genre 'fantasy', then they both branch off to their respected subsets under the set fantasy though.

Probably since both are heavy hitters in their respected genres, they battle it out.

• WTF, REALLY?
    Maybe, and i don't wanna to sound rude, but, maybe they are stupids, it's impossible to compare HP with twilight
    Maybe they didn't have nothing to do, so they did it.

• They're both freaks lol jk I don't know..

• HP is wayyyy better in my opinion.

• I've never seen either

• Not sure. They both have supernatural powers involved and are targeted to teens but then again so do other movies.

• Do they really do that?

Harry Potter and lord of the rings is already a weird comparance

What Girls Said 12

• Harry could never compare to that dull hoe Bella. Ron could never compare to sexy Jacob Black. It makes no sense haha. Hermoine could sorta compare to Edward. They'd oddly make a good couple haha

• She used the hell outta him in New Moon. Wasn't a big fan of hers before that, but I hated her after that

• Omg yaaasss

• Lol, I don't know. They are two completely different things. I think people just like to be stupid when it comes to that stuff. If you don't like Twilight, then don't like it. You don't have to bash it so much, though. If you don't like Harry Potter, it's not big deal. I don't see why people compare them. I never did and I love Twilight, but I never got into Harry Potter. I don't hate it though.

• I think they're comparing Harry Potter being a great literary work and twilight being a lazy piece of shit literary work.

I don't think they're comparing like characters or anything. Just that the writing in one is lazier and shittier than the writing in another.

• I never got that. The Harry Potter books has this thing called character development that is nonexistent in twilight. This was how twilight should've ended. Sam can take muscles, Dean can take sparkly.
    starecat.com/.../...tion-twilight-supernatural.jpg

• They compare the popularity and the teenage obsession over those books - they both have some sequels... so... that might be a connection point as well.

• Ew they do? Wow!

• I don't know.
    HP was so much better than Twilight.

• Exactly Harry Potter has a purpose . To protect his friends and himself from Voldemort. In twilight the purpose was who is going to save Bellas ass. Harry potter is and will remain a movie with a lot of meanings and good story with great actors. Twilight has nothing to compare to Harry Potter only stupid fangirls say that. Sorry if i offend someone of the Twilight fangirls :P

• Lmao well I enjoy both, but HP will always trump Twilight for me. There's just so much more content there.

• It's a joke from the fact the Robert Pattinson played a main character in Harry Potter

• If they do please get them executed immediately.

• What! people do that? :o

• That doesn't make sense to me, they aren't similar at all. Not just the universe the authors created, but the writing calibre and styles aren't similar.