Can anyone explain to me why stupid run-ngun shooters (COD/battlefield) are more popular than tactical shooters (rainbow six siege/ghost recon future?

why on earth do people seem to prefer CRAPPY shooter games like COD and battlefield over tactical shooters like ghost recon future soldier and rainbow six siege? those games are FAR better due to ONE aspect game makers seem to REFUSE to put into most... a strategic COVER FIRE ability!!! the simple ability to aim at someone WHILE taking cover but at the loss of accuracy... you know, like people would do in REAL LIFE. i HATE that frickin 1800's redcoats pop up mole crap they all wanna use where ur either STANDING STRAIGHT UP like an EFFIN idiot and getting shot or are ducked down and can't shoot anyone unless u strife out or stand up like a moron! i mean if you were to put that ability in ANY of those games, it would make them OH MY GAH INFINATLY better!!! you wouldn't even HAVE to use the ability if u didn't wanna! but INSTEAED they just OMIT the ability for those of us who WANT to use it. you have no IDEA how crazy this drives me!!!

i just hate how the tactical shooter genre is so SEVERILY neglected by developers. i mean its super rare that they decide to develop a new game in tactical form

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha, this was so weird. I just saw this post as I booted up Siege on my other screen. Really loving Siege atm.

What Guys Said 7

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Wow, this sounds like a GameFAQs post... Anyway here goes...

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

COD and Battlefield aren't crappy games, they are very well made. FPS like COD has a large community so the online play is highly competitive which would make a lot of people play them all the time.

Games like Ghost Recon, which seems you want to put on such a high pedestal, are just different games. They are tactical and hence they are harder to pick up meaning less appeal to casuals. It's all really a matter of taste, doesn't mean one is better than the other.

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Lastly, I can make the exact same point you are making just saying RPGs are far superior to any tactical FPS. Yes, I do admit games are taking a turn for maybe worse but lets not get ahead ourselves.

• ok i acknowledge ur rpg point and i would say thats totally fine with me as long as i still had the layout control and fucntions that i liked. as long as i can mantain that i say anything you add on to make it enjoyable for other games is a great idea! im all for broadening a gamers fan base. i think they should make the cover fire something thats in EVERY game, but OPTIONAL per player

No they shouldn't. It's one feature that doesn't need to be added. Making something like that optional to players is just silly and insignificant towards the type of games they are trying to create which is fast paced and easy to pick up. Also, you wouldn't have the same level of playing field imbalancing the game.

• it is what it is, for the most part COD gets more players because its easy to get into. I don't play COD myself but I wouldn't call it crappy. All gamers have different tastes some like twitch, others tactical and for some mil-sim

I'd say that adding those features would make the game better in your opinion, you've got to remember the games the COD orginated from, those old school twitchers didn't have or need any cover fire ability and if it were added to them it would ruin their feel , their flow

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

I say just let genres be genres, you wouldn't want to merge a real time strategy with a grid or turn based strategy it would lose the appeal and allienate the players

• i just feel that something as simpole as that is alienating a lot of people. i dont feel that the genre would be affected in the slightestu could add that 1 feature and leave everything else EXACTLY the same and i dont see how it would hurt the run n gun aspect of it aside from possibly making it a touch more of a challenge for them. but they could sstill go all yosemite sam with the rootin n tootin n shootin

• "worlds manliest game" ... a bit of irony when trying to pitch a game to me... im kinda the polar opposite in the manly dept! lol :) but its all gravy ;)

• Well you know what they say, opposites attract and all that. Once you start playing gears you'll end up with facial/body hair, a deep voice and everything else you need to be a man. The game will change you from the inside out. Join the brotherhood

• I think it's just cause games like COD have the bigger online communities and people want to play with their friends so they all play the same games.

I don't actually play these but I think I would prefer games more like the ones you're describing. How could you not have cover fire?

• I like the casual games better. I do have cod but I don't play it that much. There's too much going on in it. I kind of just got it for the zombies lol. My favorite is halo and then I really liked rainbow six Vegas 2. I like the tactical part of the game.

• omg finally someone with some sense! vegas 2 was a bad ass game wasn't it! i beat that game so many times! lol omg i wanna play the new one SOOOOO bad!!!

• The campaign was good. The online multiplayer was super hard and I was bad at it. I don't even know why I bought rainbow six Vegas 2 but I'm glad I did. The graphics were awful but gameplay was great. Seige looks cool but I don't have the money for it.

• Lol you should see star wars battlefront, people will actually charge out there and LITERALLY JUST STAND THERE and just starting shooting like crazy :D No strategy at all makes me laugh every time. Anyways people like COD because its so simple, that's why there's always little kids playing it

• You can't get away with running and gunning in Battlefield against anyone competent.

• It's easier, i love games which require you to think many people don't...

What Girls Said 0