Why is there always a love interest in movies?

Why do you think? Of course it's not all the time so don't go off about "not all movies blah blah blah" I know But typically that's the case.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the directors want to pander to the audience's desires and fetishes. Most movies now go through what seems to be some sort of checklist, and a love interest is usually at the top of the list. I personally like when movies don't include a love interest, makes it a bit more realistic and a lot less clich├ęd.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I know. Even titanic had a backdrop love story. The reason being is because everyone has that drive for love. That emotion is strong in people.

What Guys Said 3

• Because love sells tickets - especially tickets to girls and women.

• because love exists in many of our fantasies.. movies allow us to experience our lives as we imagine them to be.

it's the easiest way to escape reality for a few hours.

• Just adds dimension to the plot

What Girls Said 2

• Because people love that shit :p

• I hate when they add a love interest when the original story has none. They did that to the movie The Giver which is based on the book that had no love interest and they made the main character a teenager when he was only a child

• y do people complain about movies that misrepresent the book? don't watch the movie. you'll never be satisfied with it.

• @orphan I never watched the movie