RIP Alan Rickman; which was your favourite movie he starred in?

The man himself RIP

• Die Hard
  • Galaxy Quest
  • Harry Potter series
  • Sweeney Todd
  • other

Most Helpful Guy

• I was very sad to hear this news last night. :(

"Die Hard" is definitely my favorite movie in which he appeared; it's still one of the best action movies of all time!

He was also my favorite part about "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" -- along with the iconic musical main theme of the movie, which I love too. I don't care for the movie as a whole, but it has a special place with me because it was part of my childhood. And Alan Rickman's portrayal of the evil Sheriff was hilarious and unforgettable. xD

I'm not a big fan of the Harry Potter franchise, though I have seen all the movies, and I really admired his portrayal of the Severus character. From the first movie, he always made you feel -- correctly -- that even though he behaved like a villain, there there was more to him somehow. And indeed there was. His acting in the last movie especially -- when all was revealed about his backstory -- was touching and brilliant.

I miss Rickman at the movies already...

Most Helpful Girl

• He was my absolute favorite actor and I am beyond saddened that he is gone. I don't think he got enough credit for his work. My favorite is actually something that is not as well known as the ones you posted here, but I highly recommend it. It is called Snow Cake. Sigourney Weaver is brilliant in it as well... This is one of my favorite clips from the movie:

https://youtu.be/o_o3LNlMYlc

Some others that are really worth checking out are Rasputin, Sense & Sensibility, and Closet Land.

Also, check out this music video he is in. I would give anything to have had the chance to dance with him like that.
    😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4-gNN8WRHo

What Guys Said 19

• Galaxy quest or dogma (both where awesome in a big part becaue of him). One of the best scenes from dogma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnyo5T32LKk

• Robin Hood

• I was really sorry to hear that. :(

Die Hard: Hans Gruber was one of the best villains of all time.
    Harry Potter would be 2nd as Snape was one of the best heroes/villains ever.

• Sweeney Todd. I really hated hus character in Sweeney Todd but that's a good thing because you were supposed to hate him. I'm so bummed that we'll never get that Alan Ruckman voiced gps "Take the upcoming right, do not dissapoint me. Congratulations you missed, now make a u-turn when you can. Do. Not. Fail. Me. Again.

• Alan Rickman and David Bowie both died at the age of 69 and of cancer. This makes me so sad 😢 I saw die hard first, so I'll always remember him in that movie

• Die Hard no doubt. Snape is a great character, but I first saw Rickman in Die Hard and I knew this actor was supreme badass anti-hero material.

• I was never this sad :(

• Yippie Kai yay Mother Fucker!

• Oh noooo Snape's dead? Damn. I liked him best in HP.

• wwhaaaaaaaaa?

• Rasputin & Dogma

• Definitely Harry Popper

• Its definitely really sad. He will definitely be missed.

My favorite role of his was in Die hard. Such a great villain in that movie

• :O WHAT? WHEN? HOW?

• Celebrities die in 3s looks like we need just one more, I wonder who it will be?

• Die hard for me

• Dogma for sure! !

• Harry potter for sure. he was snape

• Lol he died at age 69 oh wait I'm not suppose to laugh at that am I? Sorry

What Girls Said 14

• Sense and Sensibility.

Damn David Bowie now Alan Rickman. It's a bad start to the year for us Brits. 😭😭😭

• I'm so sad. HP series for sure :(

• Harry Potter and Dogma for me. RIP.

• OMG! What? Nooo this is so sad. RIP Alan Rickman. RIP professor snape :( :(

• I didn't know he was sick. That's really sad :( he was a good actor.

• The deaths of other celebrities didn't bother me much. Robin Williams' death hit hard, but this one is absolutely devastating. He was amazing. Charismatic, talented, versatile, kind, funny... I hate getting older. At some point you just see everyone around you dying.

• lol you are only 22 but Alan certainly played his characters well he will be missed

• I know, I never said I was old. I just said I was getting oldER.

• Galaxy Guest.

^.^

• Sense and Sensibility.

• C and D <3

• Professor Snape will live on forever.

• I don't remember any of his roles except harry potter

• Who is he and why do so many people on this website like Harry Potter yet ask for sex and I

• so many people on this website like Harry Potter yet ask for sex and I?

• My point being that a bunch of immature people are having sex

• I can't believe this..

• Galaxy Quest.