Hot damn it's going right under Saving Private Ryan for all time amazing war movies

Watched it again last night lol

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Loved that movie, and I agree with you, it's right up there with Saving Private Ryan, and Black Hawk Down, as amazing war movies.

What Girls Said 9

• The one thing I thought SPR did really well, was capture the increasingly human element of war.

At the beginning of SPR, you'll notice that the enemy doesn't have a face. You'll see the kills and so on, but no faces. Just faceless bodies that crumple when the shots are fired.

The further the movie progresses, the more you see of the enemy's face... and, eventually, the enemy's eyes.

Eventually, it really hits you, that the enemy is human, just like you. Human, with a face and eyes and all that shit. The cinematography is really well done. It hits you hard, and makes you think.

(This is the same reason why things like "road rage" are things, by the way. Cars don't have eyes and faces. If you could see the other person's face, shit would be much much less likely to hit the fan.)

Yes, this comment has nothing to do with Fury, which I haven't seen. But you mentioned SPR, so I had to toss that out there.

• OMG! I saw it this weekend! Awesome movie! Loved the role Brad Pitt played. And that kid... wow! Awesome movie.

• Nope. I live under a rock

• Yes, I did. It was really good, but also super sad.

• Nope I haven't

• I haven't. I did like Saving Private Ryan though.

• I watched it. That grenade scene was pretty ridiculous, he should've expolded. Also shia lebeouf would not stop crying the entire movie

• Yes! I've seen it! ^_^ Really enjoyed it

• Nope! Is it on Netflix?

It must be good if its next to Saving Private Ryan.

• Ya i Reallyyy liked it! i dont think its on netflix since it's new it just came out last year! but you can rent it anywhere I'm sure! You should watch it

• Thanks, I'm going to check it out!

What Guys Said 13

• 0|1
  • Solid movie, especially the last fight scene. God damn that was intense. Did you get a gay undertone to brad Pitt and shia labeouf's characters relationship though?

• Well tbh I watched it on my phone will cruising 90 mph down interstate 80 cross country lol so there are some parts I missed haha. I should watch it again. I didn't see that.

• Amazing movie! Watched it 3 times so far

• Didn't see it yet.
    I'm not rendering judgement (cuz I ain't seen it) but I thought that it didn't do very well, am I mistaken?

Also... I have to admit something painful... I've never seen Saving Private Ryan...
    I'm sorry.
    I was always more an inspirational sports movie dude than war movies though.
    Return of The Titans anyone?
    That said, black Hawk down and American Sniper were very moving.

• hmmm
    Black Hawk Down
    Saving Private Ryan
    Tears of the Sun
    Enemy at the Gates
    The Hurt Locker
    Green Zone
    Then Fury at least for me

• I loved it also I loved how it didn't glorify anything. War is ugly and it didn't shy away from it. I couldn't help but to think about Inglorious Basterds though. And my favorite war movie is forever Apocalypse Now

• Yeah, surprisingly good

• I saw it for free right before it came out in theaters. A friend had preview passes. I wasn't all that impressed.

• I liked it but is n out SPR, Blackhawk Down and American Sniper good.

• Yes, it's an awesome movie and that's why I'm looking forward to Suicide Squad because it's being directed by David Ayer too.

• I did. Wasn't the biggest fan of its ending.

• That is one helluva tank, And one helluva crew!

• I personally didn't like Fury as much. I really love Saving Private Ryan though