Who's heard about the death of Glenn Frey? I'm so sad right now. Anyone else?

Oh man I hate this. The Eagles were such an iconic musical influence.

Glenn Frey dies at 67

Just sucks so bad. They were a great band but also a bunch of super talented individuals.

tse1.mm.bing.net/th

tse2.mm.bing.net/th

Most Helpful Guy

• You're absolutely right. It's a great loss. I had the good fortune of being able to see them play. Glenn Frey had the vision for the Eagles way back when, and wrote, sang, and performed some really great songs that have stood the test of time. Thank you, Glenn Frey, for making so much wonderful music that meant so much to me. Rest in peace.

• Great reply. Yeah I saw them once too. My parents bout the tickets and they made damn sure every fan got their $150 worth
      Absolutely incredible.

• thanks for giving me MHO, although I wish the occasion for my writing it hadn't happened. Thanks also for remembering Glenn Frey.

• I'm still bummed. I'm hoping to catch a tribute show on tv or online somewhere soon.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• Witnessing the death of loved ones and learning about the death of cultural icons is probably the worst part of getting older. I dread the eventual passing of Bobby Bowden - who is one of my few heroes - and Paul McCartney. Bobby is 86 years old and Paul is 73!

• Kieth Richards was found not dead in a hotel room today :)

www.google.com/search

• I remember my wife and I going out with my family to a bar with Karaoke. Someone my age got up and starting singing Hotel California. Of course my wife and I started singing along at our table and then my mom looked at us rather amazed. It wasn't so much that we were singing along to it perfectly... it was EVERYONE in the bar our age was.

• It's funny because they have a fan base with an age range about like The Beatles. Even teenagers know some Eagles songs from the early 70s

• Well "great" is subjective isn't it. No one can quantify what is GREAT music to anyone other than themselves.

• Yeah I heard. Its been a rough month for music. David Bowie, Lemmie Kilmister, Scott Weiland all in about a month.
    I've seen The Eagles twice, really glad I went. Dont imagine they'll tour without Glenn

• Everyone's dieing D;

• What the fuck is going on... First David Bowie and now Glenn Frey...

• Always happens around January time that the star's die.

• I'm sad beyond description.

• Me too. I just saw that they were scheduled to recieve a Kennedy Center award last month and Glenn was to sick to attend 😢😢

• I've seen Eagles live three times, have been listening to their music since I was a boy.

Honestly, I'm devastated right now. :(

• they were.. i just remember the heat is on in the 80's after Hotel california that type of thing

What Girls Said 5

• Oh man that freaking sucks!! The Eagles will never be the same :(
    This year has started off real crappy...

• I can't see them ever touring again without him. It was Frey and Henley that put the band back together after how many years of being broken up to begin with.

• There were just in a city close to me doing a show and i wasn't able to go, now ill never get to see him preform (or like you said the Eagles period for that matter)...
      I am freaking crying right :(

• Yes, I love the Eagles, and he was great. I was sad to see that documentary about the band and what a jerk he was to some of the other members, though. He was a great artist, though. My theme song last year was "Already Gone" LOL

• Meh. Hey, at the end of the day, he was a business man, and that's all that was. He and Don Henley were the leaders of the band, and if it weren't for Glenn, they would have never started The Eagles to begin with.

I'm still bummed.

• Hope so. When it was originally scheduled, they weren't invited.

• R. I. P. Mr. Frey😥

• I just heard about it. It sucks.

• Ugh I'm so bummed. I know death is a part of life but for some reason this one feels personal for me

• The tmz article said a combo of colitis, arthritis, and pneumonia 😕😕😕

• holy shit that poor dude

• They had a good life...

• Welcome to the Hotel California.