Who else is annoyed by Meghan Trainor, especially her obnoxious song "All About that Bass"?

Its SO annoying and basically says that its not ok to be thin or what not, her voice is also obnoxious

• YES!!! She's annoying and I hate that song (why?)
  • Eh I'm indifferent (why?)
  • NO! I love it! (why?)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 22

• I am...img01.lachschon.de/.../...7_Allaboutthatbass_1.jpg

Though honestly, I'm more annoyed by "Dear Future Husband".

• Why do people not get that Dear Future Husband is just a bit of fun? It's not serious.

• I'm annoyed by the superfluous 'H' in her name. Otherwise I've never heard of her and wouldn't know her if I tripped over her in the street.

• My name is Megan without an H and people always spell it with an H... drives me crazy. I hate that it's the "normal" way to spell it, at least in most people's opinion.

But, to be fair, you can't blame her for her name (unless she changed it), blame her parents :P

• I was about to say "uh that song was so 2013" but apparently it was actually released in 2015.

Geez, longest year ever.

• Fine, I'll take one for the team and sleep with her.

• she's starting to lose weight.

she gonna lose her rep :P

• Don't think she's saying it's not ok to be skinny although admittedly I haven't paid much attention to her lyrics.

• DEAR FUTURE HUSBANDDDDD

• Absolutely hate it. This is what makes me cringe. This is the music we are going to be left with as the icons of last century keep passing away.

• No kidding!!! I can't take much of what's on the radio these days. I mainky stick to classical, jazz, and classic rock stations.

• @MusicBrain5 I am also big in Classic Rock and all the 70s/80s evergreen stuff and the moment I imagine the possibility of the next one to leave us, I feel like I lose focus of everything I'm doing.

• *big on Classic Rock*

• I so hate that song

• I don't like it. I didn't like it in 2014 because it was horribly overplayed, I don't like it now because it's not a good song.

• I can't stand her lol

• it´s just one of these songs that popp up in the top lists everywhere unless nobody likes them. they appear to be a hoax but shockingly they´re actually serious songs.

• Its worse than 'Friday' by Rebecca Black and that's really saying something.

• It is agreeable that her voice is annoying, but the music is good. I especially like this jazz-style cover of the song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTTX6Wlf1Y

• I kinda hate it.

• Yeah totes... I'm very annoyed by her

• I'd actually argue the other way. She's not sticking it to people for being thin. She's saying it's okay to be comfortable in your own skin, regardless of your size. Why should it rile you so much anyway? You don't see Cee Lo Green having to put up with this shit do you?

• she's kind of annoying, but you got the song backwards. Its saying its okay to not be skinny. Personally she's less annoying than T Swift but her voice is definitely annoying.

• It's ok to glorify women with curves not everyone should be too thin, but she just seems so, I don't know, full of herself. Every song seems like her being the best or too good for some guys.

• It was a fun song, but like two years ago... you are a bit late.

• Her voice fucking sucks and all her songs sound exactly the same

• To be fair skinny girls have been winning for years

What Girls Said 16

• I don't like that song either. It's supposed to be about body positivity, but then she puts down thin girls by calling them "skinny bitches," and then implies that they're insecure by saying, "naw I'm just playing, I know you think you're fat."

Like, if you really think they're insecure and have body image issues, then why call them "skinny bitches?" Isn't that a bit... mean spirited?

• It's supposed to be a joke. Not a very funny one, but it's not meant to be taken so seriously...

And don't act like you haven't heard "skinny bitches" before. and when I hear it in this song it seems like she sounds jealous, to be honest. It's in rap songs that talk about wanting to date and have sex with those "skinny bitches". It's not necessarily a bad thing. People have warped the actual definition of these words, so when they use them they don't always use the actual definition of them. That's what I hate slang terms...

I just take the whole song as her being jealous of skinny girls but wanting to say that it's okay to be something else.
      And, to be honest, it's a very common thing to build someone up by putting someone else down.

• I don't take the song seriously, trust me hah. I just find it hilariously ironic that she tries to lift non-skinny women up and be all about body positivity (in my opinion), but puts down skinny girls in the process. It just doesn't look good. How exactly do you know it's supposed to be a joke?

Everyone interprets songs differently I suppose. =)

• I like it. At first, I didn't. Then... it sorta... kinda... grew on me. I don't think it's about skinny shaming. I really don't. I just think it's a catchy tune that, sure, may have had a couple "offensive" lines it it, but it's whatever. I've been "skinny shamed" before and it sucks, but I don't take offense to the song. People really need to stop getting so butthurt over small things. There are bigger things to worry about that than a stupid song.

• Honestly, I like her voice and her songs are catchy.
    Do I agree with 100% of her messages? Not exactly...
    But if you take her songs with a grain of salt I like them. They are fun, up beat, and catchy. The lyrics stick in my head for days after listening to them.

• The song is overplayed, that's the main reason I don't like it. It got annoying.

• I mean it is starting to get annoying but it teaching women to love themselves even though they are alittle heavy weight.

• NO! I love it! (why?) i dunno! Why the hate?

• That song is old. But I didn't mind it. It was catchy. I actually like her as an artist. But that's just me.

• I'd be fine if she wasn't such a shrub and decided to lose a ton of weight.
    Guess she wasn't really all about that bass, at all actually.

• So people who sing about body positivity aren't allowed to lose or put on weight? According to who?

You don't know why she had or why she lost her weight. For all you know it could be a medical thing. So quit whining and focus on your own life.

• She sung about how she's happy with her body and yet she sought out to change it, how is that her being positive about her body?

• YES, I hate that song. It's like an up-with-fat-girls anthem or something. It's as bad as "Pretty Girl Rock."

• I see your point but i think Queen's Fat Bottomed Girls is a masterpiece and while Mika's 'Big Girls (you are beautiful) takes tackiness to an unprecedented level, you can't deny it's a catchy tune.

• @Slimbrenster Yeah, catchy, or maybe just annoying.

• I like it. It's catchy. It's kind of old now though, don't you think? I don't like how it shames skinny girls, but it gives overweight girls a bit of a confidence boost, which is cool. That's just me though.

• The song is annoying. But I rarely listen to it now. So it doesn't make a difference to me.

• I'm not a fan of her music at all! And I don't think she's a nice person either because of the comments she made about girls who have eating disorders

• I actually love the song. :D

• Almost any song that gets that kind of play can get annoying.

• I mean, I don't think she says anything about how women shouldn't be thin - it's more so about embracing curves or, really, embracing however your body looks. There's enough propaganda around embracing thin/skinny women so I don't see a problem whatsoever.

• Wait... there are people who aren't annoyed by her? Unbelievable.