How much money do I need to produce a movie like the "Lord of the Rings"?

I have written a screenplay that is similar to the one of the "Lord of the Rings". I would like one day to produce that movie, how much money do I need?

0|0
0|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Try crowd funding if people like your idea they will help you raise money to produced it.
    But that would mean you making like a trailer at least for it and have a campaign going to raise awareness for it also talk to a lot of people in the industry

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know anyone in the industry :(

• Show All
    • Ok, thanks! :)

• thanks for mho

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.

What Guys Said 5

• Budget for the trilogy 281 million dollars, start saving
    en.wikipedia.org/.../The_Lord_of_the_Rings_(film_series)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the budget of all 3 movies is $281 million ($93 million for fellowship, $94 million for two towers and return of the king) USD but that's just estimated, obviously you're not going to be financing it yourself, get a major studio to do it like WB (they own LOTR rights) so all you really need is a great script that interests a company that can throw out $90+ million. You'll probably never produce it yourself unless you're as rich as like George Lucas.

0|0
    0|0
  • in short: you´ll never have that much money. your only chance is to sell your script to a huge film making company, who will then invest their money into filming it.

0|0
    0|0
  • There were three movies. The Fellowship of the Ring cost $98 million. I believe all three were filmed at the same time to save money. That was years ago though. Figure $120 million today.

0|0
    0|0
  • See the budget of it on Wikipedia

0|0
    0|0