I'm starting ballet tomorrow?

Hey I'm starting ballet tomorrow and I'm starting at an older age (23). Does anyone have any tips or tricks to make this adjustment a little easier? I don't expect to compete or join a company but I've always wanted to dance so why not?:)

by the way I'm taking privates for awhile so I worm be doing groups lol! It's beginner ballet. I've spent my whole life showing horses and still show them so it'll be a change of pace!
*WONT

Most Helpful Guy

• Dance is good for expressing passion, soak yourself in your imagination.
    It's so confident, happy thing, you don't need to care about others' view. Just dance dance dance, let you body, imaginary fly, enjoy the dance...

What Guys Said 2

• Have fun. Don't create a certain "age" mindset over time which could demotivate you to keep on dancing. (Happens quite a lot when doing activities with (much) younger people. Stay motivated. Practice at home. And just show them that you really like to dance. I also recommend flexibility exercises to do at home if you aren't that flexible.

Have fun!

• Thanks a bunch! I'm really excited to start!

• Good luck! No tips or tricks. I am sure you need to be limber so maybe yoga before?

What Girls Said 2

• Limber up before classes start. You do stretches before every meeting (at least that what I did when I was in dance)
    Lots of leg stretches, from every angle. Being able to do different splits seems like it'd be important in ballet, and it's just plain cool to say/show that you can do a split :)

Maybe watch videos on YouTube of basic positions and proper positioning.
    Ask questions as soon as you don't understand something in class

• One of my friends took ballet too seriously, did not eat, broke her ankle while on pointe. So just enjoy yourself and don't push yourself too hard. :)