Why does music speak to the soul? How does music calm heart and keep things at bay?

How come music can speak so strongly to one's self? Why does it affect us so strongly that it can change your mood in an instance?

Most Helpful Guy

• Music is something that seems to affect us on a subconscious level. There are a couple studies on why this is so but many give vague answers. I guess we are just hardwired to respond to music stimuli stronger than other species. Wish I could give a detailed answer but like I said there is not a whole lot of actual evidence as for why music effects us. I ain't no scientist bro.

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't. It only distracts the soul and makes one waste time.

What Guys Said 1

• My conjecture would be because we can relate to either the lyrics or melody. So it provides some sort of solace or support to the listener. Music can also help dreamers fall deeper into their profound mental dimension.

What Girls Said 2

• Because it can tell about things and feelings that we experienced ourselves, it's like some artists understand exactly what you went/go through

• because the lyrics touches us, the heart :)