What do you think this quote means?

"You were red, and you liked me because I was blue. You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky, and you decided purple just wasn't for you." The way I see it, is a guy that's pretending to like a girl, he has sex with her and then leaves. But I haven't heard anyone else say they see it like that. So what do you see it as?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen this before, and I loved the analogy; it's so open to interpretation.

The way I see it is that there's a guy, and a girl, obviously. They both begin meeting, perhaps date, and get to know each other. They begin to 'mix' (the whole purple analogy), making a perfect blend, or in real life, a perfect couple --at least that's how the guy sees it. Sadly, the girl doesn't see the perfect blend, "purple wasn't for you".

It hits me every time, and one of my all time favorites.

• So when you say mix, what do you mean?

• Share their stuff and come up with new things; do the things they have in common as well. Basically embracing one another with their lives.

Most Helpful Girl

• that's quite nice, but sad.

I think it's just a matter of a girl falling for a guy who doesn't fit or click with her like she expects him to. maybe she hopes that red and blue make something other than lilac, but she's disappointed by the colour she gets, and leaves.

What Guys Said 1

• I see it as she liked him blue but she filled his heart with some of her and he changed. He thought for the better but she wanted him to stay blue

What Girls Said 2

• It could be less physical and could be more about how people perceive each other? Like he thought the speaker was one way but either the speaker wasn't what they expected or they didn't see the speaker for who he/she truly was. Or the speaker feels that they let their walls down and the "red" person didn't / couldn't / wouldn't accept them

• I see it that way as well!!
    http://genius.com/Halsey-colors-lyrics
    Look on that site!!
    Do you like halsey as well?