I'm interested in buying an acoustic guitar for recording in a studio which should I choose?

As the question states I want to record acoustic guitar but I'm not sure which to choose?

I want to make my own songs and add lyrics to them. My question being is that is it better to record with the mic positioned right by the guitar or should I get Acoustic Electric and plug right in?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Vintage Martin guitars are the only ones worth considering. I would think a high-end pick-up would be your best bet, but see what the top sound techs recommend! Though I have a great deal of studio experience, none of it involved use of an acoustic guitar.

• You'll get a more natural sound if you mic the guitar (if that's what you want). Guitars with a cutaway design will minimize the "boominess" that mics tend to pick up too easily while recording.

• What kind of music do you play?