Do you think a PS2 is still worth buying in 2016 for the very largest game library in gaming history?

I'm just wondering. The cheapest PS2 slim I can find on amazon is $54-69. I honestly just wanna get myself a PS2 to replay my favorite pro wrestling games, WWE Smackdown Shut Your Mouth and WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like fun.
    Check out craiglist if they are selling any for cheap. Maybe you can negotiate prices?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah shut your mouth was pretty fun with all the backstage fighting and stuff. Those are from my era, funny how they still haven't made as fun games even now.
    The ps2 gta games were also the best like vice city and San Andreas.

I'd say go for it. But don't forget you have to buy memory cards for ps2 also. They didn't have hard drives.

Alternatively you could get a ps2 emulator. You don't need such a great pc to play them. Anything from about 2012 onwards with a decent graphics card will do it pretty easily. Was thinking of doing this myself for fire pro wrestling returns.

• Yeah, all the new and recent pro wrestling games have sucked balls. Boring as shit since there's so much limitations/restrictions on gameplay (From WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 all the way up to 2K16). I'd rather just buy myself another PS2 console to play the classic WWE games since all 2K Sports focuses on is graphics.

• I didn't mind 2k14 but I liked it cause they included a lot of old wrestlers from my era.
      I made some hilarious stories with the story creator too. They shut down the community creation though so you can't download them anymore

• The ps2 ones are better though. Smack down vs raw 06 was good too

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• if you can find it for cheap why not. if you have ps3 you can download a lot of PS2 games on the playstation store. like i've downloaded san andreas, anda lot of the gta episodes spin-offs for vice city and liberty city

i agree playstation 2 was a great platform and the games were especially awesome... although it is hard to grasp the difference in graphics

• i have basically all consoles, im the youngest and all the guys in my family collect consoles but tbh the only real good games on ps2 are golden eye, spyro the dragon and ratchet and clank. best is star wars battlefront 2!!

i wouldn't say its worth it now tho as you can get pretty much all ps2 games on pc these days.

• Yeah but you have to be a real computer expert to find a reliable website to download PS2 emulators and ISOs without the risk of getting viruses and malwares. Not to mention, I'll need a desktop computer with a lot more gaming parts for my PC to run at a smooth framerate to play these emulators.

• cost wise if you dont have a PC then getting a ps2 will be better for you, just you will have to go back to all the original ps2 problems and crashes :3

• Yes why not. I bought a PS2 game on ebay for like $2 free shipping. Why do you need the slim one? As long as it plays the WWE Smackdown what does it matter what kind of ps2 it is?

I can't believe how much they are going for.

• I just want a slim so it can fit well with my other two consoles (PS4 and Xbox One) in my TV stand. I don't want my room to look too messy with all my gaming consoles that I have.

• All these stupid new gaming consoles. whatabout the future? PS5 PS6... PS9... PS37 lol!

• Meh, you can get PS2 emulators first.
    They work very well.
    Also, non-HD on a HD TV or monitor screen looks worse than non-HD on a non-HD screen.

• Only for the Nostalgia though. God Of War, Final Fantasy, MK. Woah. I wanna buy one right now.

• Yeah I still have a ps2 its the best system ever because of how many games it has.

• WWE smackdown here comes the pain was awesome and yep I'm buying it again to play that again :P