Why is horse racing allowed?

I think its a waste and don't the horses get injured? I saw on the news that someone from the horse race whatever took the horse some place and murdered it. I'm beyond disgusted and lost all damn respect for humans. Why should people be allowed to kill horses? Sad.

What Guys Said 2

• There's actually a dark history of foul play in the horse racing industry. Favoured horses have been murdered murdered or kidnapped so bookmakers could make more money. Many a horse has met an untimely end over the years.

They also kill horses if they get broken limbs. Just the standard practice.

Horse racing is a big money industry. It attracts high profile punters, creates high society social gatherings for the wealthy and covets some of the richest prizes in any sport so it isn't going away anytime soon.

• As in anything there are terrable things that go on. There are abuses; however, cases are rare and should be punished severely. Anytime people and animals mix there are cases of abuse. Some people are just messed up. But for the vast majority of horses involved in racing, they have a great life. The simple fact is an abused horse will not race well. The vast majority are very well cared for and love to race. They get excited in anticipation before a race. If the situation isn't abusive, horses love to work. Often if they are put out to pasture, they will become depressed because they feel no longer useful. The vast majority of owners, trainers, and riders love horses and treat their animals well. The horse I'm my pic was a pace horse at a track for years and had a better life than I do. Lol. My folks have cared for many race horses over the years, usually after retirement, and all of them had great careers and a great life.

What Girls Said 1

• Are you more disgusted because it appears to be more like animal cruelty? I don't think horse racing alone is what is making you tick, but for someone to kill a horse, doesn't sit well with you. I don't know why they allow it. But it's profitable (and I think that is why it's allowed).