Which country makes the most watched movies except America?

Most Helpful Guy

• France and the U. K.. Then India and China simply due to thier massive populations. Germany Russia Italy Spain and Brazil also make a decent amount of box office cash. South Korea, Japan, and Nigeria also have a pretty solid local film industry. The only reason Nigeria gets ignored so often is because of the lack of theaters in that country. But quantity wise Nigeria makes a ton of movies. South Africa as well. South Korean pop culture is just ridiculous. But if we're talking strictly quality I'd have to give it to Japan, France, and the U. K.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• I'd say India.
    -There are 10+ movie industries in India (more than 26 official languages)
    -Thousands of movies produced each year
    -Millions of people watch them inside the country
    -Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Middle Eastern countries, UK and US are some countries where people watch bollywood quite a bit

• I don't really know the stats but I know South Korea is killing it with their entertainment industry.

• India or china i would imagine india has bollywood and china has good anime movies and is a massive country.

• Possibly British films as well, but good picks!

• Ye I know that but china is one of the largest movie markets and it only makes logical sense a country with the largest population will have a shit ton of viewers watching there movies. China doesn't even need international markets because the national population is large enough for a massive industry.

• Anime usually is from Japan

• Bollywood India. But, thise shows only get watched in few locations outside India.

I would say the UK for movies that are seen broadly in the world, like Harry Potter, 007 etc.

• India Bollywood

• I think you just answered your own question.

• Somalia have a booming film industry.

• india i guess. bollywood

What Girls Said 5

• I think it would be THE UK!
    After that maybe Canada and India.

• India probably. But most Bollywood watchers are Indian. They keep it in the family.

• england lol. i think.

• Maybe China, South Africa or maybe England.

• china/india/south korea