Girls, Who likes history?

So one of my main passions/interests is history and military history i come from a military family. it seems like a very male dominated hobby and is easily termed "nerdy" especially the military side. So how many of you are into that kind if thing?

9

Most Helpful Girl

• Ohh me me me me.

But, my interest is pretty selective. Mostly, I'm like "meh", but, for some reason, I'm just completely fascinated by WWII. I've read over 10,000 pages of books about WWII, and there's an entire bookshelf of them in my house (out of many -- there are a LOT of books in this house).

My grandfather was one of the 29 original Navajo Marine recruits who developed the "code talker" code, and, he told me and my brothers a lot of stories about the war before he passed. So, ultimately, this is probably his fault.

• My interest also centres around ww2 and specifically tanks and armoured fighting vehicles, my grandfather was in the royal medical core and the other in the navy and my father was in northern Ireland during the troubles, its an almost endless topic. Your grandfather sounded like a very interesting man I would of love to talk to him.

• Oh, nah, I'm far from being an intellectual heavyweight, dude. LOL
      I'm just the most annoyingly extroverted extrovert ever, to end all extroverts. Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. I mean, literally, most of the time, I get frustrated if I can't have both sides of a conversation at the same time -- like a bird breathes in and out at the same time, but with words instead of air. I am non-stop.

Granddaddy's war stories are one of the very few times in life when I've been able to just sit there, and listen, without feeling the need to interject.

This doesn't mean that I'm being an asshole -- I'm talking about interjections that are constructive, and on-point, and add to the conversation. But, yeah. It's rare. I can't even watch a movie without talking all the way through it. LOL

• I'm no heavy weight either I work on a farmers produce market im no historian haha! I meant more most of the guys/girls my age would rather look at their phone or watch tv than hold a conversation on any light or meaningful topic. I suppose maybe you just sat and listened because he was talking about a very deep personal topic of historical and personal importance and when someone does that like with my grandad I just sat and listened too haha.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm currently in university studying ancient history - so I basically look at the culture of ancient Greece and ancient Rome, such as the political, social and economic events that happened and what effect that had on the people and on us in the future. So yeah, I'm into that kind of thing :P Though admittedly, the military aspect of it is not my favourite part.

• Haha well id be worried if you were not into it! I imagine its hard to avoid the military aspect of Romes culture!

• I am very interested in history, especially military and war history. I think it's important to learn about the past, and I just find it fascinating anyway. Historical documentaries are the movies that catch my attention on Netflix. :)

• I feel like the future graduating class are really into military. History seems to be a loss now though. I really enjoy that stuff. Lol it's so interesting to study. It would be cool to go to old battles & stuff. Although I find like my nooks in history. Some things I find boring but there is some really fun stuff.
    Don't worry though I'm sure you can find a girl who's into it or you can interest her with it as a "hobby" but I agree it is more on the guy side so it seems.

• meeeehhh kinda.

• I do. It's even more fun when it's in song. #AlexanderHamiltonSoundtrack

• I'm interested in history. I also read books about history and watch dokumantations and movies about history.

• Yeah I like history

• I think it's interesting.