Pokemon a typical 90's kid?

so while talking to one of my friends the other day the topic of what toys/hobbies that ruled our childhood as 90's kids came up and the main point for both of us was pokemon, now thats gunna sound "nerdy" but nearly everyone i knew was obsessed by it. i can remember getting my gameboy colour and pokemon gold for my birthday and i was hooked after that it was cards, toys etc oh the memories... who else was got hooked?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, but I still am today too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Those old games are still fun

What Girls Said 7

• I ADORED pokemon. I did the cards, the sticker album, and two days ago a found my pokemon ball that I haven't seen in probably 8 years!!! AWWW

• I had hundreds of the cards but never once played them, oh the irony.

• I'm more of a 00's kid than a 90's kid, but Pokemon, Naruto, everything on Animax and Bakugan were the sh*t. 😎✊

• I still have all my pokemon games, and I even have the newer ones that came out in the last few years. I remember I had so many pokemon cards but I never knew how to play with them haha. Also I can remember having a huge Charmander plushie but I have no idea what happened to it :( Wish I still had it today

• Those plushies are so hard to find now! And yeh I never played one game of the cards ever, I can't help but feel the games are not as good as the older ones up until like sapphire or ruby.

• Pokemon is still popular. I subbed at a couple elementary schools and the kids still play it.

• I still am hooked! My boyfriend and I play and trade all the time.

• Definitely

• My brother loved Pokemon, and he was pretty into it. Video games and had to collect as many cards as possible.

What Guys Said 5

• I was definitely NOT hooked on pokemon dude.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 90's kid though. Do you mean born in the 90's or going through the 90's as a kid?
    Cause I was a kid the whole of the 90's and pokemon wasn't even on the radar to me till 2000 and when I found out about it, I thought it was as gay as a Fiat Punto.
    Seriously it was the most lame thing I'd seen in my life up to that point.

• ah maybe it was early 2000s then I was born in the 90's thought it came out in the 90's

• Same here lol I loved it when I was a good, except I had the original gameboy and the black and white pokemon red version.

• I never played Pok√©mon.

Just never got into it, but I had a handful of cards. Ja ja

Lugia is my favorite.

• Yeah, I remember you kids and your Pokemon craze, it was everywhere.

• Pokemon was the stuff back in the day rember when I had Pokemon blue, then Ruby/Sapphire version then I just fell off lol