How loud/soft do you like your music?

Just generally speaking. Do you like listening to music loud enough that it makes the whole place vibrate, or do you like it just enough to be background noise?

• LOUD! *I'm the only one roaming on earth at this point*
  • SOFT! *Oh look there's people*
  • INBETWEEN! *depends on mood*
  • I don't listen to music 😱🤐
  • For $14.95 you buy two schtickys you get one SCHTICKY FOR FREE! http://i64.tinypic.com/r9r8ls.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 24

• I actually play my music pretty softly. The reasoning is because I'm pretty paranoid about losing hearing down the line. Being really involved in music now, I imagine I'm going to be playing music for many years down the line. What I don't want is my hearing to be ruined by that point to where I can't enjoy it as much I want to.

Because of that, I...
    -- Wear ear muffs when I mow the lawn, vacuum, or do any possibly loud activity
    -- Have a certain number on the volume dial in my car that I won't go past, no matter how much I want to at times
    -- Put on headphones where I can hear whatever being played, but not anything more than that
    -- wear ear plugs at concerts (good ones though that don't change the sound quality)

I figure that my ears will just naturally adjust to the softer volume and allow me to hear it just fine. It is easier to get louder and louder then get softer and softer because of how a person's ears are made.

Lawnmowers happen to be right on the edge of volume that can cause hearing damage over repeated exposure. So anything that is lawnmower-volume and above I try to avoid. If I can't avoid it, I put in ear protection. I don't care if my family ever makes fun of me for it. At least I'll still be able to hear years down the line haha

• Does really loud sounds generally just anywhere you go make your ears hurt? Almost like you have sensitive ears/hearing?

• It is difficult to say if I have sensitive hearing or not because I dunno what to compare it too lol. However, I'd say my ears are pretty normal. I may have slightly better hearing than some, but I don't know for sure.

• Mmm you may have better hearing then some people lol would be cool if we could measure it and compare it with someone

• Well when I have good speakers with high wattage and good bass and nobody's home, I play it loud and proud. (Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 are pretty good for this).

I use IEMs for portable music though, and I don't have to turn them up past about halfway.

• Depends on the mood, but too loud is just that.. "too" loud.
    I just want it to play at whoever hears it's heart strings. ^.~

• Aww just enough to pull your heart strings?

• The best music are the pieces which makes you "feel" is it not? ^.^

• Absolutely agree! Reflecting your mood! 😬👍🏽

• Background noise for me - I always have it on but wouldn't be concentrating on it

• Usually, I like it to be quiet BUT whenever a favorite song comes up I go full volume.

• I don't want to be deaf or have tinnitus at the age of 25, so I listen to it loud, but not where I feel drained after I turn it down. I don't like it really quiet tho

• as loud as possible without ringing my ears and without subjecting those around me to my mayhem. the best place to really crank up ur system without it affecting those around you is on the freeway.

• The freeway or when your cruising in the car 😂🙊🙈😅

• r u mocking me

• Nope, not at all

• Depends on the type of music, how drunk I am and who's in with me. If it's a party at the wkend and listening to some trance or something it's going way up to the red zone

• it's going all the way up if it has a sick bass.

• Depends on the song 🙂

• Sometime I like loud music and sometimes I like to ride with the music off to think and make plans.

• Music is meant for the background.
    📻🎶👴

• All kinds it depends what mood I am in.

• depends on the mood... but usually a bit louder but not too loud

• Depends lol, I try to be courtious of my neighbors lol

• PT!!! 😁 You try to be courteous to neighbours? im sure if they like the music they wouldn't mind 🙈

• I do lol

And pretty sure old couples and college kids cohabititating don't like metal lol

• Kool G Rap to Cat Stevens

• if it's happy destructive classical music like (hall of the mountain king) I turn it up all the way. :)

• It's has to be just on my mood one moment i just wann relax and have it soft, then hype myself and blast it away

• Soft so I don't go deaf

• WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

• Dynamics is a must. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    When the bass drops, my heart stops.

• I like it loud, but I have neighbours.

• Reasonable volume, I don't want to hit the threshold of pain

• In between, but usually not so loud. I always listen with headphones so if it's loud it becomes irritating very quickly

What Girls Said 21

• I usually only listen to music when I'm out and about from my phone with headphones. When I'm walking/bussing somewhere, I like the music loud but just enough so that I can still be somewhat aware of my surroundings.

At the gym, I like the music louder. Loud enough so that I don't have to hear any guys who might be giving birth in the weightroom area as I work my ass off on the elliptical. :P

• "Might be giving birth in the weight room" oh lord.. How awkward 😰😂

• lol well you know what I mean with that right? I'm assuming it's when they're deadlifting or whatever their set at the highest weight. The sounds I hear coming from that corner of the weight room I tell ya...
      🙉

• Haha yes of course I know. They like grunt and yell lol

• If i'm completely alone! :o! I listen to it very very low... because i'm so paranoid!! i'm always scared of everything, so I need to have minimal noises when i'm alone, so in case there's a noise that can signal danger, I can hear it! D: haha I always think someone's gonna jump in through a window or something... and kill me D: ... or that there are spirtis wandering about... and yeah~ I like have everything super super silent...

and my brother hates me because when everyone is here I have the surround sound blasting ALLL LOUD!!! hahahaha and he tells me "Why do you want all the neighbors to hear your music?" D:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D and it's ROCK music mostly hahaahaah :D!

• Hahah I would assume you feel more safe when everyone in your family is around ☺️ That makes sense 😋

• It really depends on my mood. It's usually somewhere in the middle, so I I can hear the music, but sing along and not drown it out. :P I play it a bit softer if I need to focus on something else at the time. The music gets blared if I'm really rockin' out or if I need to drown out some thoughts.

• SO frreakin LOUD!

• It honestly depends on my mood I usually like it loud but if I'm trying to go to sleep or focus then soft.

• depends on my mood. I'm pretty sure I've listened to it at almost every volume possible.

• I have been listening to the jazz channel

• I have that channel on past 7pm! Jazz and the blues 👌🏽 either one

• when i am in public and all the noise is bothering me, i listen to music very loud, when i am alone-soft

• Loud when I'm running or lifting.
    Normal level any other time.

• Usually at 60/100 sometimes at 70/100.

• Loud as shit

• Depends on the song and my mood

• I love my music blasting. I also have poor hearing so... I always need it loud. Lol, I should really get my hearing problems checked out, but my mom always forgets to schedule an appointment.

• I mostly have my music loud. Blowing my ear drums out 😂😂

• I never listen to music over the 75% of the volume.

• Depends but most of the time i be slapping loud.

• It depends on my mood.

• It's got to be loud. Hell no way do I have my music on low volume

• LOUDEST just like my dankkkkkk

• all the way up

• I like to see the back window shake in my car from the bass.