As non african-american, how do you feel when some artist use the N word a lot in there song?

I am not American.
I haven't really been in such situation because the translation of that word isn't use by black people where I live and there is not word that are allowed in some community and forbidden in other.

I just hear it so much in American songs that I wondered how non black people feel when they hear this word in songs. I mean, I personally love to sing along songs and... just because you don't have the right to say that word, it feels like it ruins it if you can't say a word. I just wondered how you guys feel about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Songs are catchy. They get stuck in your head. It's kinda automatic. You can't put a word in a song, and then complain when people sing it. They should either not use it, or stop whining when others are singing along.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really like the word and I'd like it if the word died out. Some say that the word has been "reclaimed" but I feel like it perpetuates something bad still on some level. It does bother me to some extent but I still like rap so I tolerate it. I don't say it when it comes up in music.

What Guys Said 3

• It's childish and a lame attention grab. It's one of the main reasons I don't like rap or hip hop

• their song...

• By the time I realized that mistake, my question was already posted and I couldn't change it.

• i think it's idiotic, and i just respect them less.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't like it and I think it is very counterproductive towards the mission to eradicate that word from our lexicon. To my knowledge this is the popular opinion these days amongst the black community as well.

• Oh, we use it frequently where I am from. So if anyone is thinking about using it towards me as an insult , It won't work. Infact , I will say "Its too overused, try harder" :p :p :p

• Then don't listen to rap music or anything else that uses N.

• I'm indifferent. I don't usually listen to the music that has that type of word in its lyrics