What did you think of the Super Bowl halftime show this year?

What did you think of it compared to previous years? I thought Coldplay looked out of place.

• good
  • bad
  • don't know/ don't care

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I rarely like Super Bowl halftime shows. It's almost always pop music, and I don't really associate pop music with football. Football is tough, pop music is soft... it's not a match. I get the rationale, you're entertaining a lot of people who don't usually watch football, but why are we catering to them over true fans? I'd bet my bottom dollar that the average NFL fan doesn't listen to a whole lot of Bruno Mars. Like I said, I get it, you're trying to appeal to a broader audience, but I can't help it, I kind of resent any situation where you deviate from the norm and cater to the people who won't be watching the other games. Not a big deal, I'm not living and dying by the halftime show, it's just something I roll my eyes at.

What Girls Said 31

• I'm just tired of Beyonce and everyone fawning over her. She could have tripped on that stage and everyone would have praised that while if Chris Martin or Bruno Mars had done the same, they'd be ridiculed more than likely.

I did like the dance-off between Bruno and Beyonce, though. And I always enjoy Bruno's performances. Coldplay has always bored me at award shows and the like.

• Beyoncé slayed

• She did slip, nearly fell right on her ass, but she made a recovery. The dance-off was probably the best part.

• @TheoryOfAvarice I wish she had fallen on her face, then maybe I could have said it was a great halftime show. :)

• Meh. The sound wasn't very good and Bruno Mars and his guys looked like they were wearing trash bags. Like I admire the logistics that went into planning people but I wish some of that effort had gone into the sound.

• I think it was okay. Coldplay was good. I always think Bruno does amazing and beyonce looks like a drag queen to me. (Nothing wrong with drag but she just grinds my gears for some reason)

• I hate football and I watched the half time show! I'm literally trying to get tickets to one coldplays upcoming shows right now haha! Coldplay and Bruno Mars were amazing! Even Beyoncé was great! The whole thing was just wow

• God yes I agree!!! What a bad choice for the Super Bowl. I didn't mind Beyoncé and Bruno Mars because they're so lively. But Cold Play is just depressing music and so out of place. They weren't any fun. I hear those song on the radio every day anyway.

• I don't know, honestly it wasn't that great. Could've been way better, loved the message they are trying to send though.

• I don't know i sincerely dont care. Lol

• It was good but pretty underwhelming for being the 50th. Would have expected more of a wow factor. I also found Beyoncé's contribution pretty boring. Bruno Mars was fantastic and Coldplay was really good too, but I spent the whole show waiting for something exciting or interesting to happen.

• Didn't watch... the Super Bowl is way too long... but I do agree Coldplay would sound very out of place.

• I watched a thing on the top Super Bowl halftime shows of the past a couple of nights ago. I thought yesterday was good, but not nearly as good as some of the ones that were listed in the top ten from previous years.

On another note, I thought GaGa's National Anthem was fantastic!

• I mean it was pretty good, nothing to really talk about.

• Eh. I liked Coldplay and Bruno Mars, don't really care much about Beyonce, it was pretty lackluster. Fitting for the game, I guess. Best game of futbol I've seen for a while. ;x ;x ;x

• I didn't see it and from what I have heard I didn't miss much.

• I liked that medley thing the artists tried. It sounded good for those few moments. I don't know wtf Beyoncé was singing. Or wearing.

• It sucked besides Beyoncé's dancers having nicer assets than hers and the fact she almost slipped but tried to play it off all cool. Like nobody saw lol. Overall this years Super Bowl was definitely a waste of time. I could've rented movies instead.

• I was surprised Beyoncé was there. Didn't she do the half time show last year?

• Ehh it was okay.. Kinda lame

• It was boring. The only thing I liked was Beyonce's hair and makeup because looked gorgeous, as usual.

• Beyonce and Bruno were on fire!!

• I was like half way buzzed but i was like damn beyonce all up on my screen look at them hips;) then it got cornt at the end.

• I love how Beyonce and Bruno Mars channeled Michael Jackson into the show. It was a beautiful eulogy to him. :)

• I didn't watch it.

• I loved it especially when Beyonce and Bruno Mars were dancing together haha 😉

• Coldplay was absolutely fantastic in my opinion. However, my opinion is biased since I'm a huge fan. It all comes down to personal preference of the artist that's playing.

• Boring, I think it would have been enought for a 41-49th superbowl...
    But for the 50th...
    The 49th was way better to me.

• Coldplay is good but their genre of music does not suit the super bowl

• I thought it was good 😛

• I did not watch

• i looooved Coldplay's show :)

• Bruno Mars did great of course. If It would have just been Bruno Mars doing his thing it would have been perfect. He's got moves, to say the least, and turned that place UP. I actually love Coldplay but did they belong at the Superbowl? No. The songs he played were put-on-your-headphones-and-chill songs, no place for a Superbowl. And Beyonce was bleh, all she does it strut around pretending not to be on the verge of passing out with her old self.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 40

• Meh. Bruno Mars is good as usual. Coldplay felt like a filler and all I could think when I looked at Beyonce is that she's older, while trying to dress like she's still 20.

• It was good, just average for a super bowl halftime show tho

• The rainbow lights made me sick. I am tired of the LGBT community constantly hijacking every big media event, acting as if they speak for the entire state of California. Frankly as a Bay Area native, it makes me feel embarrassed compared to the rest of the nation. And before everyone calls me a homophobe and bigot, ask yourselves how you would feel if the lights said "John 3:16" or made the shape of a Christian Cross--the secularists would be shitting their pants about it. I feel the same way about having the LGBT agenda constantly pushed as if everyone in my state agrees with it.

• It was meh. Nothing fantastic

• it was actually really good. i thought it would be shit, especially since we just saw beyonce and mars, and the fact that cold play sold out, but they did really well. but i wish there was another left shark moment.

• I don't know or care but as usual i imagine it was horrific

• Coldplay sucked, Beyonce and Bruno Mars were pretty good though.

Here is what happened in my opinion:

Coldplay has no idea what to do for his show so he just stands and jumps around.
    Bruno Mars calls Beyonce and they team up to do something actually good with their songs.
    Coldplay calls Beyonce to get in on what she and Bruno are doing, and Coldplay decides to copy that to make sure Bruno & Beyonce don't steal the show.

I hope that made sense lol.

• I respect Coldplay but Katy Perry's was the best SB 1/2⏰ Show that I've seen.
    <a target="_blank" class="media-link" href="http://cdn03. cdn. justjared. com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/perry-half2/katy-pewww.gannett-cdn.com/.../...4_000_GJ49R7N1Q.1-0.jpg2820&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/DetroitFreePress/2015/02/01/B9316088246Z.1_20150201211244_000_GJ49R7N1Q.1-0. jpg

But, given that Perry's songs are much bigger hits. Roar, Firework, Left Shark: c'mon!

This years show was all about clips from the past SB's instead on focusing on this years own show.

• you thought katy perry was the best you've seen? that's a 1st. the best thing about it was obviously left shark

• didn't see it

• I thought it was kinda cool cause I didn't know they were gonna have all those artists. And I liked the little homages to past halftime shows.

• I watched every snap of the game, but when it was time for the halftime show I went outside to get some fresh air. :-P

• Couldn't tell, only heard people screaming.
    And I think they could have been a bit more original and get a song that they can actually sing together.
    They were all great-ish (not as good as the actual songs on youtube), but felt like the songs were a miss-match. It was like listening to a new dj who is trying too hard and is throwing everything in there even if it doesn't really fit.
    The ending was a bit better.

• I thought it was pretty bad, I was even talking about how they did not put much into it this year

• I thought it was gonna suck but it was actually dope as fuck. Still a little disappointed that they didn't play Clocks

• It was ok -- better than the game anyway. The sound wasn't great and they didn't mesh the performers together very well.

• I thought the kids were very "Up With People"-ish.

If you don't know what Up With People is... I feel old.

• I'm not a football fan really but I usually like the halftime show, and this year it wasn't very special, no.

• Was terrible, Bruno Mars' miming was so obvious. Coldplay were just plain, and Beyonce just danced a bit. There was no big spectacle about it, and no WOW moments. Was really plain and boring in my opinion.

• I didn't even pay attention to it.

As soon as it looked like they were fake playing (really couldn't tell, but they have did to Coldplay what they did to Chili-Peppers 2 years ago) I stopped paying attention

• Lame
    Then Beyonce..
    her choice of song was porous, which seemed to have some sort of social meaning
    (I won't say anymore on the issue)

• I didn't watch the Super Bowl.

• Bruno Mars was the best

• I thought it was okay. Then again none of them ever impress me. The stage was pretty sick though.

• I thought it was ok. Better than I thought it would be. I liked Bruno Mars the best.

• I've never watched a Super Bowl in my life.

• I didn't watch it...

I don't watch television...

I am too busy investing and improving high density residential real estate...

• Good on you mate, and good to know you got time to reply to this:)

• Yea I guess...

Gotta take some breaks...

I could be getting head from a hooker, but oh well...

• I didn't watch it... I loved when the Who did the Half Time Show...

• I think left shark

• The only part of the game I didn't watch.

• Nothing beats Michael jackson's show

Princes was great too

This year not so much

• More from Guys
    10