What is so special about the character called Deadpool? Why is this movie receiving so much attention from people?

I fail to understand... Never heard or read about it b4. May be it's just me.
I have seen deadpool trailer and i just felt like any other sci fi /action 'watchable' movie. I would have understand if it was like some popular characters like batman, hulk or iron man or flash or superman etc because they were always popular since publication of DC comics or marvel books.
But nowadays superheroes are available in so much varieties and it feels like they are kinda losing charisma. It's just me i guess.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you've never read it, then you probably wouldn't understand. Deadpool is an extremely interesting character. Deadpool is a broken man dealing with psychosis and mental illness, warring with himself over whether to do good or bad - usually the bad wins out, but not always -, and he's an incredibly flawed character with skewed morals - e. g. he has no issues with mass murder but he would never ever hurt a child. He deals with situations with humour that makes his comics fun to read and he has heartbreaking moments when his insecurity and his deep issues come to the surface. The movie will not necessarily capture all of that as Deadpool usually covers everything with comedy and his insecurities are not often voiced but Deadpool as a character is one that I find extremely interesting.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe the main draw of Deadpool is the unique brand of comedy he practically embodies. It isn't just that he knows how to spout some great one-liners and jokes, his jokes break the fourth wall many times because, due to his psychosis, he knows he's in a comic book/movie/game, so he kinda plays with and pokes fun at the tropes in many stories in the marvel universe.

A great example of this can be seen in the Deadpool video game, where he finds himself needing to cross a chasm and discovers that he can use his own thought bubbles (all of which voice the numerous voices in his head) as platforms to cross the chasm.

He's just so crazy you can't help but enjoy the hilarity of it all.

What Girls Said 1

• Deadpool's been popular for a long time in the comic world. They just never made a movie till now since they didn't want kids watching it.

What Guys Said 4

• I haven't seen the movie yet. However I saw deadpool as a character in X men origins Wolverine movie (2009), I think the look is a lot more different in this movie if I am not wrong.

• Watch the movie, and you'll know! I just did!

P. S. Deadpool IS a popular character, so yeah, it's just you! :P

• deadpool is one of the most AWESOME and BADASS characters out there, he is completely insane, and doesn't give a fuck about anything, he is basically inmortal, so there's no one outhere who can stop him, not that they care because he usually doesn't mess with anyone, unless they fuck with him, there's even a comic where he kills everyone in the marvel universe... so there's that

• Ohh thanks for that info!

• He's an asshole that can't die! I love it.