Would you rather read the book or watch the movie?

I would pick the book in a heartbeat.

• Watch the movie
  • Movie adaptations suck. -_- I'd rather read the book.
  • Either

Most Helpful Guy

• I chose the book because... as a writer, I'd really like more people to be open to reading.

Most of my friends really dont read tbh, yet once they hear im a writer they're eager to get their hands on it.

I just hope I can slowly turn more people to books, as i find they're typically a more quality experience for substance. Obviously there's limitations and things the movies offer - to which I say both are advantageous depending on preference.

I really love the Music work and design set pieces and how they're brought to life in movies like Avatar, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, etc.

Though on the flipside, its difficult to see things drastically altered from the book form. Im definitely a fan of the source material.

Most Helpful Girl

• Watch the movie. That usually ends up happening bc I didn't know it was a book at first except in the instances of pride prejudice and zombies, world war z, and Patient Zero (I heard they're making it a movie. We shall see.). 50 shades of grey only happened bc every damn one was talking about it even the woman working the subway on the route from jersey into Manhattan. I enjoy seeing a movie bc I'm a visual person and sometimes those books are boring as Hell! Like Twilight and 50 Shades.

What Guys Said 18

• A good movie based on a book, and I'll want to read the book.
    a good book turned into a movie makes me want to see the movie, but expectations are usually low. there is too much in a book, even a short one, that ends up getting cut in order to make a movie.

• Books are always better but for the sake of time, I'd rather watch the movie in most cases.

I watch Game of Thrones on tv but I'm hoping to read the books one day.

• I have done both for certain movies.. on time I read the book.. Papion with Steve Mcqueen and Duston Hoffman.. before movie was out.. it was a great book.. but so was the movie.. lots of spelling errors on this post.. sorry

• Ehh it depends on the book and it depends on how true they stayed to the story of the book they are making into a movie and how well the movie came out. In some instances the movie adaptions were amazing and in others they were awful.

• There are very few movies out there that have done the book properly. I think it has a lot to do with the compiling everything into 2 hours, thereabouts.

• I prefer books but I don't have time for that so yeah... movies! I don't even finish a movie in one go anymore :/

• Either, I hope cause there is not much time to focus on books.
    And sometimes, I more like to watch movie to see how others nterpret it.

• There's space for both in my heart, but if I had to pick, I'd always go for the book. :D

• the book is usually better

• I would have enjoyed the fun with a book.

• I'd go for either one. It depends really.

• Time is your currency, spend it well.

• lol books are fucking pointless, of course a movie is a lot better than a book, all you can do is imagine whats going on

• I hate books and reading, so movie always.

• Who has time to read anyway? Lol

• Movie i needa hear the sound effects to enjoy it

• Read the book first, then the movie.

• The harry potter movies were easier.
    so were the hunger games

What Girls Said 16

• I would always prefer reading the book, but sometimes there is no time at all so I'll just watch the movie.

• Books are better usually but sometimes the movies really bring another facet to a story.
    Fantastic mr. Fox was a funny, cute book that translated well into a film.

• Read the book first then watch the movie and complain about how the movie sucked compared to the book.

• Time is precious. I prefer watching a one hour movie than having to read its book in several days. I love books but I don't have much of free time

• I usually read the book first if there is some movie coming out that I want to see, and it's usually, if not always, a dissapointment.

• depends on what i saw/read first. i love game of thrones but i could never read the books because i'm already used to the tv show. i loved the giver and the movie was so amazing and did it justice. i'm pro movie although i love books.

• I would take the book.

• Book, no doubt, but I like to see the movies too.

• Sometimes the book because there's more depth.

• There have been exceptions but overall, the books are usually better.

• It depends of it's a good book

• Books for the win!

• Go for the book first.

• I love reading and movies but by reading the book I feel I get more information
    The movies cut out a lot of things and its just not the same

• I like to read first then watch the movie.

• Movie.