Is watching tv all day a hobby?

If you just sit watch tv all day when you're not working is that just a hobby or would you classify it as something else

• hobby
  • Other, post below

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not a hobby. That's sleeping with your eyes open.

Most Helpful Guy

• A hobby usually requires one using their own mind to make something or do something constructive.

TV is just brain candy... there is so much more to do than watch TV. Get outside or join a group, build something.

Don't waste your life sitting in front of the tube.

What Girls Said 2

• It could be a habit but not a hobby. A hobby requires the development of skills and talent. Watching tv is passive and therefore does not fit the definition of a hobby

• I used to really use to TV to escape my problems. I would be so stressed out, and I would say I need to go home and watch TV now! It lasted for several years. So I think, it can be a habit, not a hobby, depending on what you're getting out of it.

What Guys Said 5

• That's called being lazy.

• I would say a hobby if you only watch an hour or two a day of programmes you handpick beforehand - Leaving it on for hours is an addiction.

• 1|0
  • Hobby, just not a productive one.

• Lol Never thought about that...
    But I guess it is a hobby... LaZzy hobby