The Big Bang Theory: do you think the writers have mishandled the character of Emily?

I feel like they created this character just so Raj wouldn't be the only single person left in their group. They never did much with Raj and Emily's relationship; I'm disappointed with season 9 for not giving her much air time - it's mostly a few cameos here and there. It's like their relationship took a back seat to the other characters and the writers put her on the back burner.

Most Helpful Girl

• kinda agree. I think the whole show has kinda been a letdown with this and last season :/ I know they gotta wrap it all up somehow, but I loved when they were dorkier and single looking for women. not to mention with all the commercials there's about 15 minutes of the show we see. yeah I do think that emily shouldve been more involved! I think she might reappear soon though

• I've stopped watching the show on tv because there's so many commercials. I just watch it online afterwards.

Most Helpful Guy

• The Big Bang Theory has got shit over the past three seasons or so. It's not even that funny anymore.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• I think they are running out of places to go relationship wise - Maybe I am a shipper but I think they missed a major opportunity by not pairing Sheldon/Penny. possibly Amy/Leonard then having Howard and Raj realise they were gay but that sounds like a last episode scenario.
    I have digressed, I think ever since they got the 3 season renewal and I think they have been given a further 2 it has lost a lot of its impetus. It definitely has lost its way, they have underused stuart, Krpykie

• I can't picture Sheldon/Penny but I could see Amy/Leonard. It would have been interesting if Raj and Howard got together. Stuart and Kripke are pretty good characters, I agree that they should get more air time.

Also, why do all of the main characters have to be paired up? It would be more realistic if one or two were single.

• Yes last bit makes sense

• I think the show went downhill when the boys started getting girlfriends. The show lost its uniqueness. Just look how much Sheldon has changed.

If I want to watch a buddy/relationships sitcom, I'll watch 'Friends'.

• they mishandled the entire show. the writing is terrible and not funny at all. at it's best, i can crack a smile. the writers are lazy... that's what you get with a chuck lorre show, though. overused laugh tracks and poor jokes

• What other shows has Chuck Lorre been a part of to get such a poor reputation?

• recently, 2 and a half men, mike and molly and mom... basically every sitcom on cbs and anything with an overused laugh track

• I think 2 and a half men started off good but also went downhill. I haven't watched mike and molly.

I saw a video of TBBT on youtube without the laugh track and it was really awkward :/

• It's a shit show watched by numbskulls, of course they mishandled the character.