What do you think of my friend's band?

Most Helpful Girl

• haha! Well nope! You need to keep practing haha!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah hardcore punk!

Pretty cool that people are still making it.

What Girls Said 2

• Is he trying to do screamo? If he is, then he has a lot of work to do. He should look up some videos on YouTube and learn to to properly inhale and exhale screaming.

• ... are you fucking kidding me right now?

• @MuyBien you know more about musiv than I do, I just thought they do sounds alittle bit similar I don't know

• @ElizabethBiersack In some cases they can sound a little similar, and it's like that with a lot of music. With the band in question, the instrumental does sound similar in some ways.

• This is shit

What Guys Said 6

• As a musician and avid fan of rock/metal/punk/punk rock etc etc. here's my thoughts on it. Granted, it is difficult to judge anything based off a phone cam and bootleg audio haha

-- While it may be bootleg audio, it sounds like the guitar and bass have some pretty sick tones and awesome sounds.
    -- Drummer seems pretty solid.
    -- Sounds like a typical punk-ish band. (A good and bad thing.)
    -- Singing could use some work. It may be the live-quality of the recording but the scream sounds kind of meh in my opinion. Let's be honest though... Who goes to a punk show to hear how great the singing is? People go to punk for high energy and to do crazy shit 😂

This band was high energy and I like that about them. There wasn't anything that made me go "wow" in it since it sounded like typical punk-fashion "thrash on chords, hit things fast, half sing/talk loud, go crazy." Because of that, I'd say they are alright. Nothing stood out as bad, but nothing stood out as spectacular either.

To be more accurate on everything, I'd have to actually listen to some recorded songs of theirs.

• Not my style of music, but it does sound like there's a twinkling of some potential there. The singer has energy for sure, and horrible mic technique. Also, there's more dead time between the songs than there is actual music, and isn't the drummer Violent J from ICP?

Pass this along to the singer, he might find it useful...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcYYAPySTNg

• Not my genre of music to be honest.

• That's not a band, that's garbage, your friends should never make a band like that!

• They're alright, if you like that hardcore punk then a modern band that do it well are Cancer Bats.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AwGQFzs7o6Y

• Never got into those guys.

• Fair enough dude, you heard of The Bronx? They are another good hardcoreish punk band. That's about it for that I listen to that's punk.

• It sucks and they're stupid

• That's kind of rude. I mean sure they could use work but saying that outright is not very constructive nor have you offered any actual advice for improvement...

• @Jon_Gre_g I feel old...

It's been a long 28 years...

I'm ready to die...

I don't have much good ahead of me...

• I see. Well if you wanna talk pm me. I've gone through depressing time as well.