Does the cast matter to you when it comes to watching movies?

I usually like to watch movies with actors (even if it's just 1 or 2) I am familiar with it just makes the movie more enjoyable for me. An all good cast is usually the best and I'll be more inclined to watch it. However I'm not saying I won't watch a movie if there are no actors I'm familiar with. Is it same for you guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Often, knowing the actors well means that you know what roles they often play and you expect certain things characterizations from them. That can hurt your impression of how they play this part. Also, recognizing popular actors can give away certain parts of the story before they are ready to be revealed, such as who the bad guy is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah the cast matters a lot. I like familiar faces

What Guys Said 5

• Not really. As long as they do a good job, I could care less if it was a bunch of nobodies. I'd still watch it.

• I just want a good movie; I don't care if it's full of familiar faces or not.

• No I don't care if there isn't anyone I know, I just want to see a good movie, it could be a cast of hobos from Minnesota for all I care, they just need to be hobos who can act, from Minnesota...

• It's the opposite I mostly have actors that I watch out for that I don't like to watch. I don't mind watching movies at all with cast members I don't know anything about.

• Yes the cast matters. The cast usually Is what makes a movie go from good to great. Usually i will follow the actor and watch whatever movie that actor/actress releases.

What Girls Said 2

• yes. it's how i choose which movie to see.

• It does. If it's full of crap actors, I won't watch the movie.