Would you like it if someone wrote a song about you?

As some of you may know I'm a musician. And I also write my own songs.

I said to my boyfriend I wanted to write a song about him and he said "oh god". When I asked what he meant he said "the concept of having a song written about me"

I've had songs written about me in the past and I think it's sweet, but maybe I'm alone in this!

So who out there would like a song written about them?

• Yes, I would like a song written about me
  • Absolutely not, don't write a song about me...

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure I'd love that I like having poetry written for me a bit more though but a song is great to, I can't say though that I've ever had a song written for me though I have had a poem written for me though and I'll treasure that thing till the day I die.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 29

• I would be flattered if someone would actually write a song for me. Granted, the song hopefully would be good and something I'd like, other wise it'd get kinda awwwkward.
    But yeah, I know how difficult it is to write a successful song that is really spectacular. The time and effort going into making one would make it flattering.

I mean, I would write a song about someone I liked as a way to express to them. (I'd just have to make sure they would be ok with one first xD)

• I already have, it's called "Alejandro", by Lady Gaga 8)
    xD

I don't know how I'd feel, probably embarrassed, but I may actually like it. It's more about what the person feels, than what they're saying.

• I think that's so cool that you're a songwriter. Can I ask you some questions about that? How does that process work for you? What do you come up with first? Do you have the lyrics first? Or do you have a melody first? And then you have to have a chord progression, right? It amazes me that people are able to put all that together.

• I would honestly just feel awkward and now know how to correctly respond to that kind of attention. It's just weird.

• I want a theme song for my username!

• hangin out on GaG
      girls askin me questions
      givin sound advice
      is ma fuckin profession
      a teen from the states
      but realitys where you make it
      first I'm givin her wisdom
      then I got the bitch naked
      other guys fulla hot air
      like pathetic tornadoes
      I'm the vegetarian jedi;
      telekinetic potato

• @Checkmate5345 HAHA! I JUST saw this. I love it you're awesome!

• Oh yeah you must do it :D
    Just sing it for him in private first, by surprise. But for sure you'll see tears in his eyes when you sing it :D

• That depends on if it's a song about how great I am. And if it sounds good :-P

• OMG YES, and Ray Stevens already has wrote a song about me :D..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TItvX53sp2s

• Yes but they already did that.. it is called.. Don't worry be happy

• I have one or two about me. In one we were together and I'm pretty sure she wrote another after we broke up. The one I heard made me feel oddly happy cause it was about me being a big kid.

• Can you write a song about me, based on my username? It would be great if you can incorporate some sound effects :)

• Lol I probably could!

• Hands up for @Cusco_Othriyas. If I could MHO an opinion, you would be awarded sir.

• I'd be flattered : D. As long as you list all my good qualities that is : D

• Ha. Well. All my songs about my ex are him in a bad light. But the one for my boyfriend is positive.

• I do. I don't share them here because it's my real name I'm listed under.

• : O. I'm curious though since I write and produce as well.

• Hell no.. I dislike the spotlight lol

• These lyrics are describe me

"Who the hell is he anyway?
    He never really talks much
    Never concerned with status but still leaving them star struck"

• it depends what it's saying about me

• Its sweet when a guy does it. But no guy wants a Taylor swift.

• I would have to date Taylor for that to happen (prays to date her, not a song written about him)

• someone already has: www.youtube.com/watch

• Never that, I'd rather a song of my twin sister Dr. Cran.

• Of course.

• If someone did that for me I'd love that person so much. But your boyfriend could be different.

• I'm a very musical guy and a girl who can express herself through music is the bestest.

• I'm the one writing the song, not the other way around

• I wrote a song for an ex once. Everyone likes it. I should record it lol

• Aye... I wrote a song about my ex after we broke up. The night I chose to sing it for the first time at a gig, he turned up with the girl he cheated on me with. It was about them... it was hilarious and awkward at the same time.

• Gardener Sisters - Like I Can. This song was written for me.

• Only if it was a genre I like... otherwise sorry I'd not approve...

• If my girlfriend wrote it and it was sweet then yeah. I've had poems written about me but I never really understood them

• Only if it was Taylor Swift and she was writing it because I banged her brains out and then walked out the door.

What Girls Said 17

• I'd love someone who loved me to write me a song of a poem. If it's written from the heart then I'd treasure it always. I'm very sentimental like that. I'd genuinely appreciate it

• Why Not, @Hidden_P?
    I have Had it when a well known Artist where I used to Reside in a Part of Upstate, NY, Do a Paining of Me that Resembled Me and put This... In the Art gallery.
    Good luck and Your boyfriend's loss with Your own Words. xx

• Here is a Song that should Get all Gaggers: "I want my MHO, Yah, Yah, Yah!" The window has now closed... AGAIN:((xx

• I prefer not honestly

• Would love it!

• I can't say I would. Bc 9/10 it's gonna be Taylor swift-ish or Kanyism like copy cats. We all know both have nothing good to say about their ex's.

• It depends on what song it is and all that such. If you go all Taylor Swift, then maybe the guy doesn't like it or maybe he would. Just kidding, but I think people would like to have a song about them.

• Love it. Once my friend said I reminded him of a song..."beautiful disaster" 😕

• i would hate it, u a cornball
    http://i.imgur.com/54Te9.jpg

• I think it would be adorable, unless I didn't like the person who wrote it for me, or it was creepy, or talked about fucking me. otherwise, If it was just all sweet and cutesy, I would love it.

• that would be amazing :)

• I think it would be sweet to have an entire song about you.

• I'd love to have a song written about me!! I think it's adorable :)

• Unless the title is "stupid bitch" or something I'd highly appreciate it lol

• It depends on the song and who's writing it. Weird Al? Taylor Swift? Then no.

• Personally, I would love it.

• I think it would be sweet!

• As a fellow singer songwriter... I think it would be cool. :) Hopefully a happy song!

The people I write angry songs about will generally not know its about them. Unless they REALLY made me mad, and then i may be more direct... ;)