Vacation for under 2000$. Where to go?

If you had 2000$ for 1 to spend on vacation not including flight. Where would you go and why?
At this point, I planning for June. So I want to hear some ideas or cool trips others have been on

Most Helpful Guy

• I would go backpacking in Europe. I did that about 10 years ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life. You can get around so easily since most of the countries are connected by rail.

• Good to hear! My family's going to Munich/Paris trip in 2015 for two weeks. Europe's such a beautiful place. I hope you'll comeback soon

Most Helpful Girl

• I've really come to love guide tours to get the most out of the country in travelling to. Did so in Guilin, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Really changed my way of travelling. I would probably have one of those private guide tours again in a country like Cambodia, or Peru or Mexico. They're actually not too expensive. They're exciting, you learn so much in one trip and even just going 4 days feels like 2 weeks tbh.

If I don't go on a guide tour to discover the country I'd probably go on a trip to a warm beach island/country like Canary Islands, or Maldives (while it still exists), or Barbados/Caribbeans just to relax on the beach, scuba dive, and swim.

What Guys Said 6

• what kind of trip are you looking for? you can find a lot of awesome trips for under $2k. most of Europe (at least from the US) can be reached by air for $700 or less round trip. leaving you $1300 for lodging which is a lot. The carribean, Mexico, and central American are very cheap lodging wise once you get there

if you are from vietnam a trip to one of the islands or Cambodia and or Thailand is close and very affordable but perhaps you're looking for something further

my wife and i went to italy last year for our honeymoon. we found round trip air fare for less than $600 per person. then we stayed in a variety of hotels and rental properties all around italy. airfare and lodging probably costs around $2200 but we were there for 17 days

• Will I live close to Mexico so I'd probably go to a tourist or semi tourist (something safe) beach. The flight would probably be like $6-700 maybe. I could say in a hotel for at a week maybe and spend the rest on food and activities. I like the idea of a peaceful beach and seeing the little federalies with their thick mustaches and the rest of the different culture I find interesting. Plus I understand the language pretty well. I think it depends on where you live. I would rather go to Asian but I don't know if $2000 would be enough.

• Latin America. Maybe Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, or Puerto Rico. Relatively inexpensive, and super fun.

• Visit South Africa, Cape Town

• i'd take it either to san diego or miami and stay in san diego or head down to key west

• Push it back to August and go to burning man.

What Girls Said 3

• I went to Disney World in August with my boyfriend, his sister, and her boyfriend and we split a family of four package with flights, a meal plan, and parkhopper tickets for a little over a week. It was $1800 each. But I'd want to go to Paris, Tokyo, Montreal, or New York some big fashionable city.

• Tokyo

• I'll go to Paris for some shopping, plus I have family in Paris which is nice.