Why doesn't anyone watch women's sports?

Even women watch men's sports more than women's sports. I never hear anyone coming to school or work the next day talking about a WNBA game or NWSL game. But I hear them talking about NFL or NBA all the time. I bet even women could name more male athletes than they could female athletes. Are women's sports just not exciting to watch? Volleyball is ok because of volleyball shorts.

Most Helpful Girl

• For the most part I have witnessed this as well.

When the Olympics comes around, I hear a lot about the Women's Soccer Teams and volleyball. I don't like watching any sport really on tv, it's boring to me. But I do like to go to live games, and there were plenty of people cheering women's teams in college.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think because the men are better athletes and that just makes them more entertaining to watch.

Women's tennis is pretty popular though. It's the one sport where women can make serious fucking money

What Girls Said 1

• Hate to say it, being of the girl variety and all -- but, the grace factor just isn't there.

Like, think of the way a third baseman can intercept a grounder barehanded, pirouette and throw a fireball to first -- all in midair, with the grace of a ballet dancer.

I just haven't seen a female athlete coordinate that many different movements at once, with such panache.

I SO want it to happen, so I can be like IN YR FACE Y'ALL... but, I haven't seen it happen, yet.

What Guys Said 7

• Because of the patriarchy.

• Because people want to watch the best athletes in the world compete and because most viewers are men and boys.

• That's true. I don't know anyone that watches the WNBA or NWSL. I only watch the US Women's team during the World Cup/Olympics because there's some serious hotties on that team.

• I find that its because male athletes tend to be more aggressive and makes for faster paced and more exciting viewing. Have you seen women's soccer? Compared to men's soccer it's like watching flies go at it!

• I don't like sports in general.

• People watch womans ufc now

• Because mud wrestling isn't a sport