Anyone want to recommend TV shows for me to watch?

Currently I'm usually watching SuperNatural when I have free time, and I think I'm mostly interested in similar type or genre of shows or even similar character types.

In particular to Anti-Heroes as the leading characters.

Prior to SuperNatural I was watching the entire series of 24 (no I did not watch it in real-time as a marathon but I did kind of tried that once) and the leading character of that show, "Jack Bauer" is an anti-hero archetype. And I know the WInchesters in SuperNatural fit the category of antiheroes.

The genre would typically be in either the science-fiction, horror, and possibly mixed with comedy, and I also like the post-apocalyptic genre, so any recommendations of TV shows relevant to that genre is much appreciated or any show recommended to me that consists of any major supporting characters or their leading characters that are of the antihero archetype is much appreciated.

312

Most Helpful Girl

• I can only recommend anime, that's what I'm watching.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a huge fan of tv; I hardly watch much any more. I guess you haven't watched GAME OF THRONES yet. In my humble opinion, it is the greatest TV show EVER!

Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

• I'm obsessed with the originals and the vampire diaries. Lol.

• I do watch some tv shows, but they're not the type of shows you would like to watch. So, I can't help you with that. :(

What Guys Said 11

• Stargate SG1

Firefly

Castle

Into the badlands

Grimm

The expanse

Lethal weapon

Van helsing

The magicians ( think Harry potter and narnia thrown into a blender together )

Shadowhunters

Incorporated

Psych ( the funniest fucking show you'll ever watch )

Terra nova

All of these shows are not only amazing but all of them are either sci-fi, comedy, horror, take place in an apocalyptic world, have a badass anti-hero. Or have a combo of several of those genres or are a mix of all of them.

• @Damn, Phoenix98 I forgot how MHO even happened, maybe it was automatic, but this is the most relevant one and you deserved that MHO. Everybody else is moreso, uh, this is just what I generally watch and like, but don't know if you'd like it or not. I was surprise Walking Dead wasn't included but I'm not that big fan of the "zombies" genre, and 28 days later and 28 weeks later was enough zombie apocalypse for me.

And because you said Psych is the most hilarious out of all of these, I think that will come first LMAO!

• Lol it was probably automatic but that's my fault I didn't get here on time.

Haha well I have to admit all of these are my favorite shows but they also happen to fit your tastes as well.

Lmao yes psych defiantly is funny it's about a white guy who pretends to be a physic and who's life long friend is a black man they open a private detective agency together and also solve crimes for the cops lmao and be prepared for tons of 80s references it's very funny. But also has it's serious moments to.

I can describe each of the shows or tell you about em if you want to.

• 24 is really good, I watched the entire show 3 times xD
    I'm always watching new TV shows but I can't think of anyone of an anti-hero type now. I watch different kinds.

• About time, somebody mentioned they watched this. Did you watch all 8 Seasons PLUS the Specials? Including 24: Redemption and 24: Live Another Day?

I haven't gotten back to it yet, as they made a new reboot WITHOUT Jack Bauer, as Kiefer Sutherland is busy in a lead role in Designated Survivor.

• @matheus_mb 24: Legacy is still "canonical" and "relevant" as a sequel reboot of sorts to "Live Another Day", since Tony Almeida is in Legacy. Sorry if I spoiled this for you, but I was surprised that it wasn't a completely fresh reboot independent of the original timeline and events of the show. I think it just meant that perhaps eventually Jack will be rescued from the Russians at some point in a future 24 season, whenever and however that may be, but because the actor that plays Jack is currently the lead role on another show, it could take quite some time, if ever.

by the way, "Live Another Day" happened only because the producers and writers failed to come up with a compelling script for a full feature movie for cinemas and theatres. It was supposed to be 24: The Movie, but it just didn't work out and didn't happen, perhaps it was just too long. As they said they plan to do something between 2 to 3 hours length of typical full length movies, with the "real time" style in the last hour.

• Yeah, I was aware about 24: The Movie, but I do think that a 12 episode show was way better than just a 2 hour film. I didn't know that Tony Almeida is in 24: Legacy, I really thought that it didn't have much to do with the original 24... now you made me want to watch it xD

• Apart from SN, can't recommend much.

• Yea, we watch the same show and all of it's episodes LOL Still on going, there will be a 13th season of SuperNatural.

• Daredevil is awesome, I recommend that one.

• Speaking of the Daredevil tv series, I heard something about them pursuing to make a spin-off TV show for The Punisher. Again, I'm looking for the Anti-Hero archetype, but I think it would be perfect I start here, and since it's not a really long season for Daredevil, just checked over at Wikipedia, it's around a dozen episodes for it's first season so that's perfect!

I forgot to mention that I'm also looking for something that is shorter in number of episodes per season or something like that. Anything that is over 20 or 30 episodes per season I'd probably would have to put on hold until like Spring Break or when my semester in school is over first.

• I can recommend The Expanse. Best science-fiction show in years. It isn't on Netflix yet, but I think you can watch it on the Syfy website, if you have an American IP address.

• Just checked at Wikipedia. So it's a science fiction tv show with only 10 episodes for it's first season. Hmm. that's good in terms of length and pacing! It fits the criteria I was looking for, just forgot to mention I prefer fewer number of episodes per season if possible. I'm also trying to avoid something around 2 dozen episodes or more per season if possible, gonna have to get back to them when I have time.

One other thing, Thomas Jane is in this show, so that brings back some memories of his role as The Punisher.

• I don't watch TV and I recommend to quit watching TV for obvious reasons.
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...0-a0e9-88dba262b374.jpg

I wrote my very first MyTake about it here
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9095-medias-are-powerful-psychic-weapons-did-you-fall-for-them

• I pick and choose them to watch and keep in mind they all have some underlying agenda, whether it's propaganda, political, business, marketing, advertising, etc. Includes movies, newspapers, magazines, etc. It does get boring and repetitive af after awhile especially if the shows drag on and on for over 300, 400, 500, or even more episodes. I was picky about what I wanted to watch but after a while it's shit tons of clich├ęs, it's like I've seen this somewhere before, so it's really been there, done that, already seen that before, and it's just like how with movies, sequel after sequel after sequel, and the quality of it drops substantially compared to the original thing when it was first out and fresh.

• Hence why I also ditched the TV.
      History repeats itself. Learn a piece of it and then you know the entire cycle of the past, the present and the future. Same with TV.

• Sorry, I cannot think of single show that is worth watching.

• Especially if TV is a manipulation tool used to blind us with whatever lies the media and the government wants to feed us.

• I'm old school. Mash, good times, Maude, the Jeffersons, mork and mindy

• The old series Alias, X-Files

• I was thinking of The X-Files, I had watched them before never got around to finishing them. Maybe I should start with the newest content such as the reboot or it's 10th season.

• I guess I'm a purist. I always start with season one episode one.

• I could always go back to them later. I think I need to look for something a bit more shorter to fit the criteria, especially if it's already a completed or rebooted or renewed series.

• Sons of Anarchy was supposedly pretty good.

• Star Wars: The Clone Wars, or Rebels. Both are good. TCW is SO much better than the movies.