Whats the saddest movie or the most tragic movie you ever watched?

Like a movie where someone dies lol think romeo and juliet! #QueenApple24

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably the saddest movie I've ever seen is a famous German movie called "Die letzten Tage der Sophie Scholl" ("The final days of Sophie Scholl"). It's based on a true story. Sophie Scholl was a German, 21-year old university student in 1941. She founded a non-violent underground resistance group called "Die weisse Rose" (The white rose) along with her brother Hans Scholl, three of their best friends and one of their university professors (and a few other people). Together they secretly printed thousands of leaflets on which they wrote about the war crimes of the Nazis and the torture of Jews and called out to the people of Germany to oppose the Nazis. They also did other illegal actions, such as secretly spraying "Down with Hitler" or "Freedom for Germany" against house walls during the night.
    In 1943 they were caught by the Gestapo while they were distributing leaflets at their university during the lecture time and they were tried for high treason. Despite extensive efforts by the Gestapo to squeeze more information out of the leaders Sophie and Hans Scholl, they kept quiet and did not give away the names of their friends who hadn't been caught. Only a few days later, Sophie Scholl, her brother Hans and a few other members were found guilty and executed. Some of their leaflets however made it all the way from Munich to Scandinavia and from their across the sea to Great Britain, where they were re-copied by the Royal Army and dropped all over Germany.
    The movie is different from sad Hollywood movies in that it doesn't make you ball your eyes out. The type of sadness it creates is more of a very deep, depressive kind of sadness. It's extremely touching. I once watched it in high school and after the movie was over, the whole class was completely silent for about 10 minutes. Nobody felt like saying a word, let alone go back to fooling around with his/her friends.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM5A4ETW_Io

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 50

• Oh man. Brian's Song. Tough watch. Hits you right in the feels๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnt-BqOjaTQ
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OfI_HT39eeM
    https://vimeo.com/64721321

• its gotta be the last episode of Sons of Anarchy, im surprised at how much deep shit was put into that series. half of it went over my head until I had to google all of this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4jG3QJKYR0

this ending and the ending to Weeds are by far the best ever in my television history.

• 7 pounds is the only movie to ever make me cry.
    Lars Von Trier has several movies that've made me sad. Dancer in the Dark and Melancholia to name a few
    The green mile is a tough one. I'm sure I could think of more but that's a good start

• A walk to remember and a fault in our stars are good cry films but I can never get invested enough in romance movies like that to get really sad

• That would have to be this scene it really hits home for me, and is one of the few scenes that will ever bring me to tears. It's from the HBO series Band of Brothers a scene from it regarding one of the first German concentration camps found, filled with Jews, Pols, my people the gypsy's, Christians, Slavs etc. It's a sad scene and even this isn't even near as bad as the actual camps were.

https://youtu.be/sHcJtU9dr6I

• I recently watched Ruby Sparks. It has a happy ending but the penultimate scenes are bitterly poignant. It may not have moved other viewers in the same way but it touched me deeply.

• The Dog Who Stopped The War

Spoiler, the puppy dies :(

ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NrXhHcD6L.jpg

• Bamby by Disney

• Schlinders list.
    i1.wp.com/.../schindlers_list_main-review.png
    That little girl will forever haunt me.
    Not for the faint hearted.

• A few...

Fault In Our Stars - Cried when I read the book. Cried when I saw the movie. Damn you John Green!

Schindler's List - The scene where Schindler breaks down because he "didn't do enough" and all the Jews he saved come in and give him a giant group hug.

Saving Private Ryan - Ryan is standing above Captain Miller's grave and turns to his wife and says "Tell me I'm a good man."

• 1|0
  • For me it was the last titanic movie.. I found it a great movie but also was moved by the tragic events of the people that were portrayed in it

• https://youtu.be/AT-dVZRzni8
    Not a film.. but yeah.

• Does Game of Thrones count? The Red Wedding was terrible.

• Milo and Otis

• Once Upon a Time in Rio. Drugs, gangs, kidnappings, love, heartbreak, loss, death, the great divide betweem the rich and the poor. The perfect recipe for the most beautiful film I've ever seen.

• Schlinders list and the boy in the striped pyjamas

• Oh I see schilinder! I think I seen striped pyja. but eh who knows!

• I'm going to be watching the second again, now that I think about it

• Atonement.

7 pounds

• Old Yeller was sad! Classic movie though!

• Oh I seen that one its so cute and sad! ):

• they don't do that?

• Naa... they used to have it on regular television programming... now you have to subscribe to the Disney channel to get any of their shows. To bad... I would have liked to sit down with my daughter on a Sunday night when it is miserable and watch some Disney movies! It was good family fun!

• I saw Shindler's List when I was 12, that was sad.

• It's most likely not what you're looking for but, Nanking https://youtu.be/PhmH1MJ-sTA I don't even have the words to explain it.

• The Patriot.

• Haha the only one I can think about is Titanic... tears everywhere :o

• I've watched a lot of sad movies.

Clit Hangers
    A Balls Life
    Barely Legal Blonde
    Backdoor Adventures of ButtHead and Beaver
    Angela's Anus
    As you like it Rammed up your ass
    50 first rapes-50 first dates
    Happy dildo
    Happy crackwhore
    Hairy fucker and the bedroom of secrets
    Lord of the Cockrings the Two Condoms
    Man on the Poon

• And my favorites:
      Oh Snatch, Where Art Thou
      Oceans 11 inches
      Rebel Without a Condom
      T. W. A. T
      Savoring Sarah's Slit

• Hmm blood diamond

• The only kinda sad movie I saw was Pokemon the First Movie, and ash dies, but is brought back to life, but not the point, I kinda avoid sad movies

• Terms of Endearment.

• Before the devil knows you're dead is pretty tragic. A botched robbery that gets worse and worse..

• the end of saving private Ryan

• The Kite Runner.
    Not as deep as the book, but damn.. One huge emotional roller coaster.

• More from Guys
    20

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 30

• I know this doesn't TOTALLY apply to the question because it's a TV show, but if you're ever interested in watching foreign shows, there's this Korean drama called "My Love From Another Star." I have never cried so much in my life as when I watched that show. It's only one season and each episode is a little over an hour, so they feel like short movies. This show will absolutely move you and make you feel things. The lead actors are amazing and the lead guy will break your heart in the best way possible. Highly, highly recommended. You can watch it on Dramafever (it is subtitled). It's also on Hulu, but it looks like there are ads on the Hulu videos. www.dramafever.com/.../?ap=1

Slightly more relevant to the question... I recently watched Interstellar for the first time and bawled like a baby over certain parts. Another one that really made me sad was The Boy In The Striped Pajamas (that one's about the Holocaust and a concentration camp). But one that REALLY left me feeling terrible was this movie that came out years ago called Knowing. There was a lot of mass-deaths and tragedy, and as cool as the concept was, it absolutely hit me to the core. OH MY GOSH and Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close. That movie will make you bawl.

• Yeah, Romeo & Juliet is a classic on. Other ones that made me feel the feels:

A Walk to Remember

Forrest Gump

Terms of Endearment

Titanic

Beaches

Revolutionary Road

Meet Joe Black

Steel Magnolias

American Beauty

The Green Mile

Rudy

• Annabelle's Wish
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Bridge to Terabithia
    My Sister's Keeper
    Perks of being a Wallflower
    We bought a zoo

• I cry at the bit in Forrest Gump where he's talking to the grave of his wife and I bawled my eyes out at the end of The Notebook.

• Hachiko, it's based on a true story about a dog and his owner. I bawled like a baby haha.

• I seriously can't think of a movie that really stands out that was tragic.

Only thing that comes to mind about seeing anything that was tragic. Is that anime called,"Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your lie in April.)"Nothing will ever be more sad than that and extremely touching. Though this doesn't count since it's a tv show. :(

• The Green Mile. God, I cry each time.

• "King of Kings" A Real Tear Jerker @apple24
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, @apple24 for the Like... Jesus, Our Lord should be Coming Up again around Easter Time to Shine on TV again. xxoo

• This isn't the saddest, but Seven Pounds was unbearably sad. My gosh. I was dying by the end of it. Pursuit of Happiness was also a really sad one. It had a happy ending, but it was so sad.

• I guess it was Edward Scissorhands :(

• I watched Best of Me the other day and it was heartbreaking!!!

• Titanic

• Changeling. It is a based on a real story. A mother who is trying to find her missing son. It was devastating. She , her efforts, evil people. .. So sad movie.

• romeo and juliet was pretty sad. titanics sad as well. the fault in our stars. wuthering high.

• The World Trade Center and Titanic. They are brutally real and terribly sad and it is even worse because they really happened.

• Fox and the Hound was pretty sad.

• Grave of the fireflies.
    A devastating meditation on the human cost of war, this animated tale follows Seita (Tsutomu Tatsumi), a teenager charged with the care of his younger sister, Setsuko (Ayano Shiraishi), after an American firebombing during World War II separates the two children from their parents. Their tale of survival is as heartbreaking as it is true to life. The siblings rely completely on each other and struggle against all odds to stay together and stay alive, except they do not.

• Boy in the striped pajamas was sad. Inside out was not sad but it made me cry.

• Marley and me :(

• Titanic

• War Horse maybe. You put horses, war, and tragedy together and tears will inevitably fall.

• Hachi: a dogs tale
    That movie is incredibly sad, but it's a beautiful story ❤️

• Lovely Bones

• Atonement... the ending

• remember me, godd i hated that ending

• Bambi 😭

• Titanic, its so sad when Leonardo dies

• The Cure. I cry everytime 😞

• Mine is Titanic and Othello movies.