Who do you think are better singers? Males or females?

When I was younger I always thought females were better singers just because they had higher pitched voices, but as I got older I started liking more male singers and really liking their voices. Most female singers today all sing in the same way, with the same hip hop R&B sound. It's not really original.

• Male singers
  • Female singers
  • Not sure

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 16

• I tend to prefer listening to male singers. They usually have deeper, smoother voices.

• I voted "not sure", but the real answer is neither. This kind of thing depends on a couple of things - the genre of music that they're singing, and whether or not they've had any vocal training in their life. Since the only real difference between male and female voices are the ranges they sing in, there are no other major factors to take into consideration. There is one advantage that men have over women and that's the ability for men to sing in the falsetto range, or even just the countertenor range. However, that is due to anatomy and not just talent (men have a bigger, more flexible larynx than women do).

Most singers you hear on the radio now are faking it with AutoTune now anyways.

• I prefer male singers 💕😍

• I can't decide. But I get what you mean.

TRIGGER WARNING
    *OMG SO RACIST!
    I tend to like black and Latina singers more because they have more range in their voices, they can have deep tones and still hit high notes, though I'm not a big fan of high notes. It's not all sweet, soft high voices like with many white women. That's not to say I don't enjoy white women singing, I love many of them. But there's more tone variety especially for black women.

• And it's the black women I don't really like, because the only way they can ever sing is with "soul." Our women have no variety and very little ability to step outside the box.

• I voted for Female singers. Mainly due to when I listen to any Japanese songs or Korean. I tend to not be that crazy about how most of the guys sound.

Though with Metal songs this one chick I heard just proves that women could sing the same way as dudes. It's pretty awesome. ^^

I forgot the name of the band. I'll have to ask my boyfriend what it was again.

• I listen to screamo music mainly and it seems there is more male singers in that genre.
    So I do like the guys singing better anyway

• I had to vote for not sure. I think both can be great singers. My top two bands have a lead male vocalist, and the other is female.

• I've heard both male and female singers who were phenomenal. I couldn't choose between the two.

• I think males..

• Both. It's what makes the world go round. Alsi, I think you should expand your horizons with female singers. There are some really great ones and not ALL are hip hop/R&B.

• Male

• People...
    ______________

• I think it varies depending on who's singing.

• I prefer male voices to female voices.

• Adele is female so... females

• Males. There are very few female singers i like...

What Guys Said 11

• Based on talent, it is difficult to say since I've seen many talented male singers and female singers. However, I prefer personally male singers.

I listen to a lot of songs with screaming in it, and men tend to have a voice more suited for the screaming. They also seem to have more grit generally in the voice which works for rock/metal genres. Being that is rock/metal, low bass kinds of noises are more prevalent and focused upon, which suits a male voice since males have lower ranges usually.

There are some female singers that I do like, but those female singers tend to have unusually low voices... which is probably why it works out fine.

You get the people like "Pierce the Veil" that really bother me, but overall, I believe men are best suited singing for the genres I listen to.

• Males seem to be more versatile.

• Both are talented but I listen to male more because I will try to sing it later on...

• Neither. Also vocal range isn't really limited to gender. I'd say it's pretty equal but you are right about males maybe having a more unique sound.

• Male singers

• Not something that can be categorized by gender. Anyway there are people who are very good singers but sing lame songs, so I don't like anything they do even though they have a good, distinctive voice.

• I prefer female singers, especially if they are hot :P

• both are great at their own thing. Some fat women have deep tones and some slim men have high ones, what a stupid question.

• Its even

• My favorite singers are almost all males. I tend to think women have stronger voices with more range but I find men's voices to be more interesting. People like randy Newman and Louis Armstrong are not your typical singers but I love listening to them. And then there's guys like Jeff Buckley. But Nina Simone, Bjork, and Amy Winehouse makes it a hard decision

• I think male singers are better