Will the Superhero genre become the next Western genre?

What I mean is, do you think that superhero films will fall from relevance the way westerns once did? From the 40's to late 70's early 80's westerns were all over the place in American cinema, with many actors such as John Wayne and Clint Eastwood making names from themselves. There were movies such as High Noon, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, the Searchers as well as TV series' such as Gunsmoke, which ran for 20 years and Bonanza. Ultimately sci fi films and tv series aroused the publics interest more and eventually Westerns faded in relevance. The genre briefly resurfaced in the 90's with Unforgiven, Dances With Wolves and Tombstone earning critical and commercial praise. So currently superheroes are extremely profitable but for how long? Let me know what you think.

• Yes, superheroes have an expiration date like all popular culture
  • No they have a permanent seat in relevance

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah eventually superheroes movies will die down. They can only do but so much or else they'll have to create new comic book characters and that won't have quite the impact that say Superman or Captain America would since they aren't classic superheroes.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Well I think all genres have their ups and downs so yeah they will die off as the market gets saturated but I do think they actually have an advantage as their are many different comic book styles so it gives it a little more leeway.

• That's a good way of putting it. Yes.

• With the lack of creativity in the industry I wouldn't be surprised, but how are super hero movies going to top Boss n**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyPhsFxnc_c

• You're black?

• You're right. Batman & Robin is by far one of the worst films I've ever seen.

• Yeah it's the same with some westerns that can be absolutely godawful.

• The western will never completely die, it always comes back
    And science fiction westerns are fairly popular