Why do people think whites can't rap?

I'm learning and I'm making good progress but I'm a little nervous because lots of people say whites can't rap which isn't true. Why do people say that?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a sterotype. It's not true. I don't see how the colour of your skin has any effect on ones ability to rap. There are plently of rappers out there of all ethnics

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no truth to it. It's another one of those stupid stereotypes that people believe, even though it makes absolutely no logical sense.

• That's what I'm saying, it's like having two of the exact same cars that are both different colors and saying one goes faster because of its color

• @Electronica

Do you think that you are prejudice against white people?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• They've obviously never heard of Eminem

• ANYONE can rap, it's just white people are not good at it most of the time. Look at all the big white rappers now; Igloo Australia: horrible, G-Eazy: bad, MGK: Terrible, Macklemore: below average, Action Bronson: Average but I still like him.

• Most of my favorite rappers are white

• Whites can rap... Just watch Erb...

• White people can rap
    its just not a lot of white people rap about the same thing black people do or any ethnicity and white people are afraid to say some of the things black people do in rap so they change it up and sometimes its not as good.
    but if you dont follow anyone elses style of rap and be yourself like eminem

www.teambackpack.net/.../Eminem-.jpg

hjas his own style and even though he was on drugs bad
    he doesn't need to rap about drugs to get people to pay attention

so race really doesn;t matter
    i think what people are trying to say is white people dont have the same style of rapping as black people do
    and if somewhere you think i was racist in this comment i wasn't
    i can't be racist im mixed lol

• Vanilla Ice.