Would you think a guy was a wimp if he said he wanted to be an artist/writer?

Well?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe So
  • See results
Just wanna say for the guy who said he'd think guy who wants to be an artist/write is a wimp, let me say this:
Well while you are doing manual labor, I'll be a bestselling other and the modern Leonardo Da Vinci. Remembered for all ages.
Besides, I could take you all in a fight. With one hand tied behind my... Actually not with one hand tied behind my back... That'd be hard... :-|
By the way I drew the picture that is shown above. :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. I attend an art and design college, and I'm pretty sure the majority of students there are male. I don't think of them as wimpy, but then again, I'm an artist as well. I can't think of a time I've heard a guy get called a wimp for being artistic or creative.

What Girls Said 10

• Wow nice drawing :) No, I don't think that would make him a wimp. Don't read into stereotypes. Do what you love. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Life to short.

• Nah, I'd think that was pretty cool.

• Be proud to be an artist. But work on your spelling if you want to be a bestselling "other". Lol. Jk.

• That's what auto correct is for. ;-)

• How's that working for you so far? Lol.

• Very nice thank you. I've got no mistakes on my word document y'all. Pretend i'm rapping y'all..

• I only think people are wimps if they think popping videos are gross.

• Then you think I'm a wimp.

• Indeed, and my parents and my roommates, etc.

• No, I admire a lot of great writers, and I respect the arts. If a guy has a skill, that's admirable and attractive frankly.

• No... that would just be one more thing we had in common.

• Ur amazing my god keep up the good work

• Thanks a lot!! :-D <3

• THAT DRAWING IS AMAZING

• No. I think in life, labels are bullshit. Don't pay attention to stereotypes and just be yourself. Pursue your dreams and be optimistic. :)

• no to tell the truth i like boys who like to draw and write thy way hotter then a jock to me

• There is hope in the world! :-D

• I'm 15. :-)

• ha lol so am i till the end of march 30 then im 16 lol

What Guys Said 12

• I am a screen writer, novelist, artist, painter, illustrater, and I do animation. Fuck da world this my dream God damn it. That's how I feel.

• No, thats a really cool talent.

You could still be a wimp but it has nothing to do with your career. Its all about how you carry yourself and deal with confrontation.

• :-) I know it has nothing to do with my career. But it has to do with whether I die coldand alone or not...

• he's attractive and popular, that's what attracts the most girls in your age group.

• Most football players have a little bit of not muscle on the abs... little battleship protruding from their stomach. ;-)

• I'm a digital artist, and I like to write stories (I'm pretty good at it).
    So no, I don't think a guy that likes that is a wimp.

• Good for you! Could I read something you've written? :-D

• @soulbabe :-)

• lol. You think you're going to be a bestselling "other"? Nah, most people who go into any form of arts struggle for employment. I've heard the prospects in Music Education are decent, but far from high-paying. In reality, you're going to be living in your parent's basement while the people who called you a wimp get six-figure STEM jobs out of college.

• Hahahahah... No. While you do manual labor I'll be living my dreams.
      .../´¯/)
      ...,/¯../
      .../.../
      .../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
      .../'/.../.../.../¨¯\
      ...('(...´...´... ¯~/'...')
      ...\...'.../
      ...''...\... _.·´
      ...\...(
      ...\...\...

• I don't know what that dick-and-ballsack looking thing you typed out was, but you clearly have no grasp on reality. There's a reason art/literature/etc. students are considered the butt of a lot of jokes; it's because there's a glut of them and they have a hard time making a living for themselves.

I know you're 15 and not likely thinking of your long-term future, but if you're going to do that, I wouldn't advise going to college for it.

Also, lol at thinking any non-arts careers are "manual labor". I plan to major in either Chemistry or Chemical Engineering - still undecided on that - but that's far from grunt work. Unlike a literary/artistic career, it's also very demanding.

• It was a hand giving you the bird. But this site is dumb and scooted over the lines.

• Since I went to an art school as a kid, I have respect for artists. Good luck to you dude.

• I think considering them a "wimp" for being creative is legitimately stupid and short-sighted.

• Girls tend to like my artistic side a lot, even though I don't do it for work... I also happen to have a friend who has a degree in art. He has a girlfriend. I think you'll be alright, do what you want and take the girls that like who you are.

• Of course not. Im digital artist now and Im ex trooper and policeman... this is really weird question.

• No not really. I don't think it's weird.

• Ok, I used wrong words. I mean its not abnormal that man will say that he want to be artist. Nothing shamefull on it.

• Yeah men should only be meat inspectors, butchers, hunters, pro fighters, play sports as a career, or work a white collar or blue collar job. There has never been a famous male artist since the history of time.

• That's what I wanna be.

U really think a guy is a wimp if he's making more than you and you're working at a factory?

• I never said I thought it was wimpy, I asked whether other people thought it was.

• Lol no I wasn't accusing u specifically. Just ANYONE who challenged that thinking!

• No, wtf? How is that wimpy?

• If it was wimpy... then we'd have no male artists...

• No, maybe they like me just did this to people who try to get us down:
      .../´¯/)
      ...,/¯../
      .../.../
      .../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
      .../'/.../.../.../¨¯\
      ...('(...´...´... ¯~/'...')
      ...\...'.../
      ...''...\... _.·´
      ...\...(
      ...\...\...

;-)