Are there any things you do regularly to keep your mind sharp?

Most Helpful Guy

• O yeah lots there isn't really just one thing you can do to sharpen the mind because there are different types of smarts, intelligence and analytical thinking.

I train in martial arts and weaponry and fight and spar which helps center the mind, and develop discipline and coolness under pressure and pain, and also teaches you to think on the move and improves reaction time and split second thinking among other things.

I train in and paint classical oil painting and write poetry with helps with artistic and literary thinking and also what to look for also helps with seeing more colors or shades of color then other people realize or see.

I play games of tactics and strategy which relate to several things from creating and maintaining a healthy and balanced society to creating and leading an army I also engage in things like paintball and air soft to keep my mind tactically smart and try out military tactics both ancient and modern.

I meditate and practice ancient rituals or practices to understand the past, it's affects on the future and also to center my mind, keep calm and obtain a better understanding of the world around me that can't be acquired any other way.

I regularly read and study just about everything from ancient-current history, politics to culture how societies rose and fell to obtain a better understanding as to why and how and what could have been done to avoid such things as well as to understand history and why people did the things they did how if we forget the past we are doomed to repeat it.

And my experiences on the streets of my old but quite bad and scary neighborhood taught me street smarts and I walk around town and engage in things to keep those skills sharp, I also sit in the park and watch people walk/drive around to gain a better understand of people.

There are more things I do but I won't bore you, just doing one thing to keep your mind sharp is all good and well, but in doing so you neglect every other part of your mind a little bit the human mind has so many ways of thinking, so many layers. I do the things above not just because I enjoy or love them but because it keeps many areas of my mind sharp and not just one or two.

Most Helpful Girl

• nope, I'm already at university. that's more than enough lol

What Guys Said 7

• I train at the gym in Krav Maga, ju-jitsu and weights. Then i practice new techniques for paramedicine. To stay sharp for me is to simply be aware of my surroundings at all times, i automatically register a license plate or the way a room feels, just for practice. You can play mind games and get 10X more efficient with this.

• ... one word... booze. functioning Alchy

• you can not keep you mind sharp by doing a couple of things, it's about the overall lifestyle. and i keep my brain active all the time (except when sleeping). doing different things and yes, drink lots and lots of water. that helps.

• Kung fu, chess, arguing on the internet.

• Playing competitive super smash bros and reading a lot.

• Play brain games apps on my phone and read. I'm sure complex mathematics would also help you.

• Stabbing a table around my hand.

What Girls Said 2

• Chess. Hands down one of the best ways to keep your mind sharp.

• Eat nuts :)