What are your favorite horror movies?

What are your favorite horror movies, they can be from any decade, and why are they? My favorite would be 'House' from the 80s starring William Katt. It was probably a low budget film, but something about that movie is so interesting, the has a creepy feel to it, with strange occurences happening, sightings, unexplained noises, and that music with the creepy chelo and violin set the tone just right. House had 3 other movies that followed, but i don't think the rest had anything to with horror. Hey i like weird, random creepy things, this movie has lots of replay value I thought, seems overlooked though. Thoughts, opinions

Most Helpful Girl

• I love horror movies. One of my favourites has to be Black Christmas (the original). It's definitely dated, but I find it frightening. The killer is in the house the whole time, calling and scaring the crap out of the girls. There is something so real about the movie, because there were no special effects. So this was something that could be possible.

Another one I really enjoyed was the Conjuring. It was so well done. I love a good scary movie. I also loved Annabelle. The beginning scared the hell out of me, as being attacked at night is one of my worst fears.

• You know I've never seen Black Christmas, I'll have to see if its on Netflix. I liked stir of echoes, and the sixth sense. Those movies were downright creepy to me. Then who could forget the Carrie movies, wasn't a big fan of the first one, but part two was cool, the last scene freaked me out made me jump, didn't see that one coming. My main preference are older movies before CGI. They seem more believable and relatable. Poltergeist and Excorcist come to mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• I love House. My favorites are Nightmare on Elm st (original), Friday the 13th series, Army of darkness and the Evil Dead remake, The Exorcist, Halloween, Phantasm, The Texas chainsaw massacre (originals and remakes), The return of the living dead 1&2, Hellraiser 1-3, Slither, Cabin Fever... And a lot more lol

What Girls Said 8

• Halloween 1-5
    The Shinning (as someone reminded me)
    Oh... and Let the Right one In is the Swedish (?) Version of Let Me In both good.. kinda strange to say its horror. I don't know what if call it odd but good

I've gotten really sick of seeing 1st person horror movies... so I can't think of much

The Poltergeist was decent. Exorcist. Original nightmare on elm.

• Oh and Psycho is always a fun watch.

• Poltergeist had this weird creepy vibe the whole time, didn't something actually happen to one of the cast in real life?

• Well you could say some of the cast started dropping like Final Destination. Rumor has it they used real skeletons and later had it blessed to film the sequel. Its been years since I've seen though.

• Saw and any fucked up do as I say or you die movie!

• Yeah Saw was awesome, then the storyline for me became too confusing as the movies went. I do like the puzzle element of these movies though, it is a much needed breath of fresh air

• Resident evil!

• I like the games better, RE1 RE4, RE5. After that I just lost interest. They go so far from the roots it didn't feel right.

• I don't really do horror movies but Scream was good, so was Halloween.

• Carrie. (All of them. 1976, 2002, and 2013.)
    William Katt is in the 1976 version by the way.

• I like Carrie 2 the rage the best

• Any movie based on Agatha Christie books.

• cabin in the woods i bet my cussin and won

• Silent Hill, Saw and The Grudge.

What Guys Said 1

• Carrie (2013)
    Let Me In
    Insidious
    Sinister
    The Conjuring
    The Shining
    V/H/S 2
    The Descent
    As Above, So Below
    The Blair Witch Project
    The Visit
    There are probably more that I'm forgetting at the moment.

I also like pretty much all of the Paranormal Activity movies, I don't know why. I also feel like I'm the only one who actively tried to find found-footage, shaky cam horror movies to watch on purpose.

Also, it's in theaters, but The Witch was pretty awesome.