My YouTube video just got a dislike?

Well I just uploaded my song cover like 3 minutes ago and right now it just got a dislike no likes or anything. It took a lot to upload it because im a really shy person and if it already has one dislike think of how many more it will get. Should I let it get me down? Or should I continue uploading videos.

Must be kinda bad someone commented "having a pretty face isn't everything.."
And another was just asking for a shoutout :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't let it get to you, use that as a motivation to get better. Everyone gets better the more you practice.
    Months from now, years from now, when you keep uploading videos, you'll look back and compare the like/dislike ratio difference between your first video, and your last video. You'll see how you'll have more likes than dislikes and you'll feel proud of how much you've improved.

There's always gonna be people that dislike, no matter how amazing the video is, just don't see it as something negative, but as something to motivate you to get better and keep working hard.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love to garden, and my first ever youtube video was a post about my garden literally explaining all that I had done over an arduous 3 months summer to produce the fruits and vegetables that I enjoyed. What could someone possibly dislike about fruits and vegetables. It got dislikes and rude comments.

Here's the thing I will tell you especially if you are going into the entertainment industry. You may think you're good, and you very well maybe, but if you are asking others to listen and like your music, they are just as entitled to their opinion as you are yours especially if you have a future plan for them to purchase your music. Just because someone has a Grammy award for example, doesn't mean I like their music or will ever like it. You will get criticism, you will get haters, you will get people pushing the dislike button and saying disgusting things just to troll you. You've got to know the difference between those just out to be mean spirited and those who are going to give you their honest feed back and constructive criticisms. You have to really be open to the latter so you can grow as an artist and not just think just because you made something, it's automatically going to be great and universally loved. Keep at your music, keep growing, surround yourself with good people in the industry, and if you are truly passionate about it, you won't let people discourage you to the point where you stop... especially not have a few dislikes.

What Guys Said 23

• Look, don't worry about it. Firstly, people get disliked for all sorts of reasons.

Example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZEN85zGGsE
    The song itself isn't actually bad, but people downvoted it beyond belief because they didn't like another song they made and because a popular youtube person made fun of them. The content of the video was good, but they got downvoted regarldesss. They downvoted for the sake of downvoting. The point is, downvotes don't really hold much meaning in them alone.

In any case, I wouldn't be worried about the downvote or comment. I would just work on improving to get better and better. Use this as the starting point. Everyone starts somewhere.

On a side note, feel like sharing your song cover? If you share it, I may be able to give you pointers on things to improve upon if you'd like.

• You can find the best video, with the most charismatic, most amazing presenters, and the most talent, whether showcasing some form of art, or explaining complex science on a level that allows the everyday person to see how cool it is, to just a fair an honest, even handed political discussion, and EVERYTHING conceivable in between, and if it has more than 1,000 views, it will have at least 1 dislike.

there were always be someone who dislikes what other people do. and if they don't offer constructive criticism in the comments as to why the thumbed it down, you can just shrug it off.

• If you want to be on youtube you have to live with criticism and hate. If someone gives you honest and constructive feedback (even if it's phrased in a negative way) take it to heart and try to improve, otherwise just ignore the hate. You have to have a thick skin, maybe this will be a good way for you to become more confident, there's nothing wrong with beeing shy but it can hold you back in relationships and career etc. Good luck :).

• It's youtube. There is no website that has more hateful people on it than youtube. Just ignore the haters. Anyone who doesn't ignore the pure sludge that gets thrown at them in youtube will be destroyed. People are absolutely merciless on that site.

For you to get a view within minutes is actually pretty good. A lot of people upload crap and go days without any views.

• Take it as an opportunity to learn. Nobody is good when they just start out. Even I was just kinda ok when I started : P. In any case keep at it and get better and better. Don't let one dislike get you down.

• That's life everything you do will get you haters.
    What's important is to keep your head up high and do your own thing.
    I wrote a myTake on the topic a while back
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a21757-haters-gonna-hate

• Putting yourself out there will always result in someone not liking it or making you feel bad. It's best to toughen up your skin. Because the only other option is to board yourself up and never do or show yourself in public for fear of criticism. And thats no way to live

• I'm part of a pretty successful channel - dislikes come with the territory.

YouTube can be brutal. Just ignore it and upload good content regularly.

We just kept uploading no matter how many dislikes/negative comments we got and eventually it paid off.

• Just look at every single one of this man's videos. I happen to like them, I don't know what's up with everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/user/farshnuke

• Read a history of the Beatles and how they got started. You gotta accept and even pay attention to criticisms. A you have to kee] going.

• Keep on uploading. There are people who will dislike anything when they can do it anonymously. Don't let some anonymous moron get you down.

• Well 1 dislike doesn't mean antthjg.. if you get say more dislikes than likes in a week or so, then you must really suck.

• Depends on if you think you can thicken your skin. If a dislike gets to you, you have no idea the horrors of being a girl on the Internet.

• God forbid one person out of 7 billion doesn't like something you did.

• no one person out of 30. Your comment is irrelevant because 7 billion people did not watch my video. 30 did.

• take it as motivation to improve ;)

• no don't let it get to you.

what's the link for it?

• Youtube is a pretty harsh environment. Serious amounts of haters on there, it's basically where all the bitter people go go put others down

• why dont you post a link? i actually want to see it now.

• You shouldn't let it get you down; online and in real life everyone will be criticized. Someone mentioned the Beatles and criticism they got in their beginning; well, even the press-proclaimed King Of Rock And Roll, Elvis Presley, was told he would be better off driving his truck than sing (!)

offbeattenn.com/.../

* and I said press-proclaimed because the media named him that, unlike Michael Jackson that self-proclaimed himself as king

• Listen sweetie, I've clicked that dislike button because someone had turquoise walls and I felt blue was mainstream.

Point is: You're overthinking that dislike. There's plenty of world famous videos with more dislikes than likes and in the end if you get a REACTION then you have a chance to do something.

A dislike is better than no dislike. Really. Singing is a learning experience and stepping out of your comfort zone is a must. Keep at it.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• sorry dude, but if you wanna make music for living, you gotta be fucking sure about it, people is going to hate you, people is going to love you, some would kill to be you, some would kill to be with you... that's fame.

don't let a couple of bad words let you down, grow a pair.

• Oh noes, one dislike. Mah heart... *passes out*

I'm just kidding. Don't worry about it! :) Everyone's a critic. But remember, you must take this as constructive criticism. Instead of seeing it as "I suck," see it as " I can do better than this!"

You are taking classes, right? So with time, I know that things will get better. Believe if yourself.
    You can do it! :)

• Oh it's YouTube if a video didn't have at least 1 dislike I'd be worried.
    As for your video if you're serious about singing then you need some classes to work on your pitch and timing but you actually have a really nice tone and also you have really pretty healthy looking hair but when you're recording don't play with it so much it's distracting so either tie it back or slick it back or something where you're not flicking it every 2 seconds.
    But definitely don't delete your videos just keep working on your voice and uploading and then after a while you can look back see how far you've come and you'll encourage other shy people to do the same.

• If you can't handle criticism, think about taking it down. But if you think you did good, give it some time. It takes a lot of guts to upload a video, and a single twitch to dislike it, so it really isn't a huge deal. Good luck

• That's the downside to youtube sadly.

Don't let it get you down because it's youtube. So no point int taking anyone on there seriously.

• LOL! Don't let that bring you down or discourage you. Remember not every one will like you! That's important when entering the social media world.

• Heya,
    Don't worry about it. You learn more from the hate then you do from the love sometimes. :)

• I really like the app sing! You should try it out before getting started on YouTube 😊

• Let it go. Continue your voyage to the music realm.

• continue uploading!!!

• Don't be sad every youtuber get dislike and hate comments :)

• I think you should stop that altogether close your YouTube account go to your room shut the door and hide under your blanket.

• I watched your video and it you do need a little vocal training but don't give it up, y'all got some potential for sure. Just work on the confidence because you tend to sound a little on the weak side when you sing.

• Yeah I've just started taking singing lessons but its only been 4 classes

• Well keep at it, you got the raw talent, it just needs some fine tuning 😊👍