Are these good? Normally I don't like showing my art because it's personal but I need honest answers?

• *shrug* it's fine I guess, not bad.
  • Meh... could be much better, nothing special
  • Other reaction I don't know of

Most Helpful Guy

• They are very good for student work. A lot of potential for sure. You clearly have some very real natural talent - enough that you could probably focus on some kind of creative outlet if you really wanted to focus on it.

While there are slight things 'off' with each one, the talent behind it shows through. You can tell that any of the things that would need adjustment could be addressed with practice. The talent is there.

The thing that is impressive is that variety. The four pieces are all very different. So different that they look like they are assignments for an art course, as opposed to just things you are doing for your own amusement. Each one is requiring very different artistic skills.

I think you should feel pretty happy about how these turned out.

• Thankyou again for your honest answer! It's nice to hear from you again XD

• No sadly I don't have an online portfolio... should I make one?

• I certainly think so. It becomes a nice place to showcase your art, but it also serve as a nice way to look back at things you have done before, to see how much you have improved.

I know a lot of artists, I work with a bunch of them, obviously, and most of the people I have dated have been artistic somehow, if not artists directly, and one thing that has affected almost all of them has been what they call 'imposter syndrome" at some point. As the artistic eye grows, sometimes it grows faster than artistic skill. A lot of artists find that they feel... troubled, in their artistic ability, when they reach one of those plateaus. When their artistic sensibility passes their current artistic ability. It needs to, obviously, for them to grow as artists, but it is an uncomfortable period. And what something like an online portfolio does is it gives you a really nice way of looking back at older work, to see your progression over time.

What Guys Said 20

• Very, very good. The teeth are kinda fucked up on the skeleton face, but still very good. They're too square. Not rounded enough.

That first one is insane though. I thought it was just a picture at first. If that's a painting you are very gifted. Honest. Idgaf if I offend anyone. But I can't say anything else except those are very well drawn.

• I think these are really, really good, seriously👍👍 I'm sure someone in the art field could critique it some, but I think you have the potential to pursue art as a career if you wanted to👏

• I'm not an expert but my feeling says that on the first 2 pics there's something wrong with the perspective.
    For example when looking at that rock tunnel you have the impression you look at it more or less horizontally. But looking at the road on top of it, you seem to look at it from above.
    Maybe @xLovesTVDx or @Dragonwolf can have a look, I know they both make nice drawings :D

• I like it :). I have no talent in drawing but my sister did. She made super cool stuff and I told her she should look into careers with design or something but for some reason she didn't :( . I think it's a waste of her talent but it's her decision in the end.

• What the... this is... what the hell? This is REALLY good.

Like you could really go somewhere with this professionally if you keep it up. You studying to be an art student?

• i like it

• The skull turnout out really cool!

• It;s actually pretty good. I'm no art expert, but I do like it, and I think you have skills, and potential.

• Painting and drawing from the heart always produces good results. These are good. The third is very spooky, but the first and fourth are amazing. The second somehow reminds me of Escher!

• They are very good - Well done

• The painting is kind of lack luster, the next two sketches are good, the last one is great. I own an online art gallery and I would put the last one up for sale depending on the medium. But your work is good, but we all have room for improvement.

• You have an art gallery? Awesome! Do you mind sending me the link? I would love to take a look! :D

• It's an Etsy account, look for Lytchgate in the stores, it's just a piece of pottery and some digital photos right now but it has been, and will be more.

• they're not great, but they are certainly better than most examples I see in topics like this. keep working at it, you've got promise.

• They are fabulous, and suggest you doing a 'Take' introducing GAG to your love for, and talent in Art :)

• THEY ARE FUCKING AWESOMEEEEEEEE

• they look very good! wish I had that much talent :/

• Looks good, especially that skull. I like how you work with the shadows.

• Come on, you got some skill! Make a poll that says it's awesome as hell

• i love the first one, it's great

• The ratings are off the charts. Those are really amazing paintings. Great work! I really loved it!

• Very good! You have a talent. Keep it up... take some classes, & develop your passion 😊

What Girls Said 18

• Are the top two water colours? I'm trying to master those myself at the moment.

These are all really good too. I like that they aren't all pretty much the same thing, so you are obviously actually gathering a range of skills and putting down a range of ideas which is good.
    I like these, both subject wise and talent wise.

• Thankyou! And none of these are watercolour except I do have a few that I didn't take a picture of. The first one is oil paint and the second just sharpie, shading pencils and colouring pencils! Are you an artist yourself?

• Ooohhhh cool! And yes, I agree printers are terrible at printing digital art! Personally I like paint watercolour better than pencils because it's easier to work with! How bout you?

• At the moment I'm more used to the paints, but I first encountered watercolurs in pencil form so I am quite partial to those. Just not quite as practiced.

• Why not have a "it's great" poll option?
    You should be proud of your efforts. And by the way, it is great.

• Its okay! its good!

• I love the first and last ones, the first ones pretty and the last one's realistic.

• Your strength seems to definitely be with the portrait; those last two drawings are excellent. I love your use of line in the last one; it's so expressive. I love the colours and vibrancy of the first picture. It just exudes a kind of exuberance. Is the skull piece charcoal? It really adds to the creepiness of the subject. It almost looks like the skull is coming towards the observer.

• there's a lot of black in the bottom of the first image, which make the perspective look a bit weird.

2nd image, the right inside leg of the bridge (or whatever you call it) indicates it goes more to the side, while everything else more goes to the back (so make it more instead of \ )

last one, the ear is a bit too bright compared to the others.

• I really like the 1st and the 3rd one

• first and the last one: DAMN

very good :)

• I like your style, especially in the first and last ones. The variety in each piece is awesome and the way you portray your colors is interesting, in a good way. The man in the last piece reminds me of Joel in The Last of Us, lol.

• You draw good... but the last two are morbid art.

• its fucking amazing!!!

• The skull is fucking awesome

• Are u kidding me you're really good u should be so proud I'm so bad at art please teach me and you're ONLY 16 you're talented

• nice Art skills

• It's amazing! You really are talented !

• Yeah, they're really good.

• That is amazing work! I love it! 😀

• That's really cool :D